1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

The first pic is the Clarks Bushacre 2 Red Wine Suede (not the desert boot), but your shoes look like desert boots. Are you saying the color here http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-clar...ede-p_id214745 isn't accurate for the Bushacre, or am I missing something? I've been lusting over those myself.

^ I'm wearing the Bushacre 2 Red Wines right now, and they look just like the ones in the 1st picture.

I don't know what that guy is talking about.

+1... want to know this. TyC, you get those from onlineshoes?

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

The first pic is the Clarks Bushacre 2 Red Wine Suede (not the desert boot), but your shoes look like desert boots. Are you saying the color here http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-clar...ede-p_id214745 isn't accurate for the Bushacre, or am I missing something? I've been lusting over those myself.
    ^ I'm wearing the Bushacre 2 Red Wines right now, and they look just like the ones in the 1st picture. I don't know what that guy is talking about.
    +1... want to know this. TyC, you get those from onlineshoes?
    I bought mines from onlineshoes. My shoes are definitely the clarks bushacre 2 red wine suedes. The photos on onlineshoes is an ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF THE COLOR! It's not so "purple" in real life as you see in the "first picture".

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

ok, so your fit pic and the onlineshoespic which both show more of a burgundy color is the correct one. The first pic which looks more purple/plum is NOT correct...

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

ok, so your fit pic and the onlineshoespic which both show more of a burgundy color is the correct one. The first pic which looks more purple/plum is NOT correct...
    Yes, you just said what I'm trying to tell everyone.

5. SwiftLearner

SwiftLearner Well-Known Member

Been wearing mine a lot recently, and they definitely have gotten more comfortable. They do fit a little funny in terms of being a tad narrow in some spots, but that has gotten better for me. Still probably the most comfortable non-sneaker for really trucking around the City imo.

6. SmellyFeet

SmellyFeet Well-Known Member

Today only, SINGLE USE, Banana Republic 35% off code. Maximum two items. Clarks DB's are $65 shipped.

Code : H8QMFQYLRQGV

Please post up if you use it.

I went on the website tried to purchase the desert khans and the code did not work.

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Been wearing mine a lot recently, and they definitely have gotten more comfortable. They do fit a little funny in terms of being a tad narrow in some spots, but that has gotten better for me. Still probably the most comfortable non-sneaker for really trucking around the City imo.

Curious, why does everyone buy these narrow and stretch it out rather than go up a half size? Too much heel slip? Stretches out even more?

8. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

Curious, why does everyone buy these narrow and stretch it out rather than go up a half size? Too much heel slip? Stretches out even more?

Can't speak for everyone. If I sized up, the vamp would be too high. I think it is called the vamp. The area underneath the tongue.

9. jack220

jack220 Active Member

Is there a proper way to care for the Clarks Suede DB's (not the beeswax leather)?

For a new pair:

1. Clean / brush
    2. Waterproof (couple of layers)

Do you use conditioners (Saphir renovateur?)

Want to keep these babies for as long as possible

10. summerdaze

summerdaze Well-Known Member

11. SemiStylish

SemiStylish Member

Is there a proper way to care for the Clarks Suede DB's (not the beeswax leather)?

For a new pair:

1. Clean / brush
    2. Waterproof (couple of layers)

Do you use conditioners (Saphir renovateur?)

Want to keep these babies for as long as possible

I've had my brown suedes for about 5 months and just use a generic suede spray cleaner and a stiff shoe brush. They still look new. Not sure what to use to waterproof them, if they get wet, just let them dry and brush them.

12. agalloway

agalloway New Member

about a year old now.... thinking of trying some black leather food soon. still on the fence though.
    [​IMG]

13. defan

defan Well-Known Member

about a year old now.... thinking of trying some black leather food soon. still on the fence though.

What color is that?

14. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

15. agalloway

agalloway New Member

What color is that?

beeswax to answer your question.

16. defan

defan Well-Known Member

beeswax to answer your question.

Thanks, I've been looking for some DBs and I like how those look in that pic.

17. agalloway

agalloway New Member

thanks.... just wore the crap out of them for over a year havent treated them with any conditioner or leather food since ive had them. that could change soon though.

18. elduderino

elduderino Well-Known Member

Does any of you guys wear his desert boots with custom insoles?

19. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

I think it may be time to retire these suckers!

[​IMG]

20. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

I think it may be time to retire these suckers!

[​IMG]

Do you get hair and crap stuck to your soles?