1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. phxsuns13

phxsuns13 Member

2. naatkins

naatkins Active Member

Afaik they are the same, I ordered mine from amazon for 305 with no tax and free shipping.

3. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Bushacres on sale HERE at 6pm.com

4. leeFX

leeFX Active Member

here's my post from a while back. they turned out pretty damn odd after some wear. i wouldn't recommend it.

This is amazing! Exactly which product did you use? I would like to do this at some point... [​IMG]

5. phonics

phonics Well-Known Member

Is there an online site that ships these to Australia?

6. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

Is there a proper way to care for the Clarks Suede DB's (not the beeswax leather)?

For a new pair:

1. Clean / brush
    2. Waterproof (couple of layers)

Do you use conditioners (Saphir renovateur?)

Want to keep these babies for as long as possible

waterproofing them is enough.. if you have any light colour, they'll be dirty quickly anyway.. but actually look better for it

7. povatix

povatix Well-Known Member

Is there an online site that ships these to Australia?

I got them off amazon. Shipping isnt that expensive either.

8. tunnelrat

tunnelrat Well-Known Member

I got them off amazon. Shipping isnt that expensive either.
    + 1 (to Europe)

9. num21lock

num21lock Member

curious - has anyone re-soled a pair of Clarks Wallabee's with the end results lookin legit? not a fan of the high gum soles, looking for something in black and a thinner for the sole..

or rather, is it even possible to resole...

10. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

save your money and find another shoe.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Resole $70 Clark's, you've got to be fucking kidding me.

12. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

wallabee's retail $135, almost twice you've stated ^
    but of course you can find them for cheaper, and not many people resole them.

13. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Hey i was looking to buy my FIRST PAIR OF Clarks DBs in Oakwood Suede. Any suggestions as to a better brand or crepe bottom vs rubber bottom?

14. hobbes

hobbes Member

Hi, first time posting, hope this goes well.

Does anyone know what the going prices are for Clarks Bushacres found at Nordstrom Rack? Does DSW sell authentic Clarks Desert Boots, or are those Bushacres too?

Also, I know this has been discussed to death, but what are your thoughts on Sand vs Oakwood vs Beeswax vs Taupe for colorways? I wear primarily dark denim; I don't really care how they might look with chinos/khakis.

Thanks!

15. naatkins

naatkins Active Member

I've got both taupe and sand, and I tend to wear the taupe more. Personally I like sand more than oakwood, and taupe more than beeswax, but that's just preference. Taupe and beeswax seriously go with just about anything, just be warned that beeswax has a harder break in period than the suede ones.

16. hobbes

hobbes Member

It seems like beeswax is the most popular color, but I like the look of suede more. I feel like as suede ages it still looks fairly unique, while with beeswax, once they're worn in, they sort of look like any worn leather shoe/boot to me. Maybe this feeling would change if I bought a pair.

Also, I like the idea of just beating the hell out of some suede db's and putting them in the wash - for some reason this appeals to me.

By the way, do your taupes lighten up at all over time? Thatoneguy posted pictures earlier in this thread of taupes that look almost reddish tan, I couldn't believe they were taupe. See below.

are these beat up oakwoods?

[​IMG]

they are taupe suede

17. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

18. hobbes

hobbes Member

hi :>

Ha, you're back! So, do your taupe suede db's really look lighter/warmer over time? I really like the way those look in that pic, but when I look at them online or in person, the taupes seem darker and less warm in color. In your pic, they look kinda like darker oakwoods.

Thanks for posting the pics btw. The pics people put up of their worn boots add a lot to this thread.

19. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

This is amazing! Exactly which product did you use? I would like to do this at some point... [​IMG]
    any updated pics after the odd look now? cause they look perfect in those before pictures
    i used black chelsea leather food. i'll post some pics of how they look now when i get home. i think i must have ruined them or something (maybe water damage?), because compared to my roommates beeswax pair, mind are cracked and stiff as hell...

20. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Ha, you're back! So, do your taupe suede db's really look lighter/warmer over time? I really like the way those look in that pic, but when I look at them online or in person, the taupes seem darker and less warm in color. In your pic, they look kinda like darker oakwoods. Thanks for posting the pics btw. The pics people put up of their worn boots add a lot to this thread.
    they look like this now, about 1&1/2 years old, the toe looks kinda yellow in the pic but the back of the shoe is the correct color [​IMG] the pics on clarks website and such makes these seem really dark