• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarette for Beginner

fcral1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RobertN
Ohh I don't doubt you at all when you say you enjoy it. Nicotine is after all one of the most addictive substances in the world.

Now I'm not going to hold a anti-smoking speech here.

I can assure him though, women that don't smoke will never find him attractive. I mean really smell your shirt after a night at a smoky bar. That is what she will smell but more so since she doesn't smoke. So starting smoking might be very counter productive to what he wants to achieve.

And I'm very sorry for any mistakes in my English I'm not a native speaker so I apologise for any errors in my spelling or grammar.

I considered that English might not be your first language but I thought that the likelihood was slim, as your English is actually quite good for a second language. I apologise for the misunderstanding! And you do have a point when it comes to non-smoking women. Although in Australia smoking inside a bar is now illegal, at least in Victoria. Often times as a smoker in Victoria your shoved out to the alleyway and wedged between a dumpster, a homeless man and a really good looking blonde. Makes it very easy to strike up a conversation. Some of the most interesting people I have met has been in this manner.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
If you are in Japan, at least smoke Alphabet R. Or better yet, buy a carton and send them to me.

What's your address?

Astan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
anyone tried these?

E-cigs are pretty cool, in that you can smoke indoors, its odorless, and you still can get a buzz. But it lacks the taste of a real cig.

Personally, I smoked for a little while, maybe 3 months, but decided I didn't want to become addicted to it, so I quit. I was quite fond of American Spirits, though. I started out of boredom. Hope that helps.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcral1
Often times as a smoker in Victoria your shoved out to the alleyway and wedged between a dumpster, a homeless man and a really good looking blonde. Makes it very easy to strike up a conversation.
So is it interesting, the life story of the homeless?

I don't see the point of smoking a cigarette to be cool. The taste is yuck for non-smokers and due to the fact that most people smoke x cigarettes every day the novelty wears off quite quickly. Better listen to the advice to enjoy a nice cigar once in a while. While it's not the tough guy style you were looking for in a smoke as an accessory it is at least a really enjoyable taste, especially when paired with a nice drink once in a while.

Agnacious

Reaction score
saupload_cigarette_boat.jpg

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
walter wolf

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cordwinder
What's your address?

Seriously? If you can proxy them PM me your paypal info. I think they're only available in Kanto though.

dalej

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
It has recently come to my attention that my style has heretofore been inhibited by my lack of a crucial accessory, i.e., a cigarette. Now I know there will be those who claim that these charming little novelties bring on "the cancor" (whatever the hell that is lol) and otherwise wreak havoc upon my humours. To these people I merely say, "wat abt the sun? lol fgt." Anyway, long story short, I need a cigarette recommendation.

I need a cigarette that says, "I am man. I am sexy man. I am ladies man. I am man's man. I am man of great strength and tenderness. Man who tames lion. Man who does watercolors. I am man of wealth. I am man of taste. (As evinced by my Cezanne print in my kitchen.)" Above all, my cigarette must communicate. It must speak to the masses huddled round my radiant presence. It must give them hope that they, too, can one day breathe free.

In conclusion, my cigarette must be handsome, tasty, large (but not excessively so), and a ready source of pleasure to me and those around me.

Recommendations?

Your cigarette is going to say: IM KILLING YOU

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dalej
Your cigarette is going to say: IM KILLING YOU

You try to hide your receding hairline through an ugly haircut and wear pucka necklaces with stripped shirts. Why would anyone listen to you?

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Seriously? If you can proxy them PM me your paypal info. I think they're only available in Kanto though.

Looked around the vending machines I pass by I haven't seen it.

Sorry, Im in Kansai. If I see it, I'll PM you.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Nothing sexier than a deft roll-your-own.

You can get filters for rollies at a decent tobacco shop too. Roll yourself an all-American unfiltered but if a lady should ask roll a filter in hers like a proper gentleman.

Im pretty sure most people in the UK smoke rollies, its so much cheaper, but even without a filter they aren't very strong and go out sometimes. Im crap at rolling though and anything I roll looks like a spliff, which is why I went back to straight cigarettes.

I suppose if you want a masculine cigarette you could try dunhill international reds or Davidoff reds, which are both very nice. They're what I smoked when I started, but now I can't really taste much of a difference as long as its not a light so I just smoke pall malls.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You try to hide your receding hairline through an ugly haircut and wear pucka necklaces with stripped shirts. Why would anyone listen to you?

TELL DEM

but anyway i smoke camel crush; they're not particularly good but sometimes i need that minty blast [ll]

cant believe no luv 4 winston lights in this thread

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics