• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cesare Attolini Appreciation Thread

Knurt

Reaction score
The above ensembles are all superb, though where would one wear any of the top three?

When you effortlessly move between your estate and the business where you are chairman of the board? Even if we live more mundane lifes, we owe ourselves the pleasure of having one or two or three dresses that do not have many uses?

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you effortlessly move between your estate and the business where you are chairman of the board? Even if we live more mundane lifes, we owe ourselves the pleasure of having one or two or three dresses that do not have many uses?

I do not disagree with you. I have a number of Attolini and Kiton suits, which do not get enough wear.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So glad TR Pescod is back.

"The above ensembles are all superb, though where would one wear any of the top three?"

I disagree. They all miss, IMHO. Jackets seem too small. Double breasted vests don't
work w/ small jackets .Too much shoulder padding .The first set of Attolini's on Il Gattopardo
are much better in how they hang, although the cuts are not really my preference.

This Rubinacci, to my mind much more elegant Than these two sets of suits/jackets.

RUBINACCI_LH_Solid_Tan_Wool-Linen_Blazer_Jacket_EU_54_US_44_Slim_1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Rubinacci, to my mind much more elegant Than these two sets of suits/jackets.

View attachment 1653357

I do agree a double-breasted vest under single-breasted coat seems a bit forced.

In contrast to the how you perceive the Attolini as being too slim/small, this Rubinacci looks like it's balooning a bit around the chest/armscye. One the aspects of Attonlini's cut I most like is the slimness of fit and waist suppression, mainly because it works for me personally.

I also prefer Attolini's slightly more structured shoulder and padding as compared to a more entirely deconstructed/natural Neapolitan shoulder. Compared to the Rubinacci, I don't see a large difference in how padded the shoulders appear - just that the Attolini is a tad more extended, and I think appear stronger also because of the slimness and degree to which the model's bodies are accentuating these aspects. Again, I personally like the stronger shoulder of Attolini, as I think it imparts more elegance, not less.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's my jacket. It has virtually no padding. I am thick w/
high shoulders and a big chest and unfortunately, mid-
section. It fits, except when I put on about three pounds.
Then it is a bit sung at the button point. I should probably have it
let out a bit.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would add this right here.. three different suits and two sports coats, made for or by Attolini...Some are items seen before in this thread but restyled, others new..I'm just realizing how much of a fan I am of their designs from the amount I have in rotation, lol
SAM_4555.JPG
SAM_3929.JPG

SAM_3835.JPG

SAM_4049.JPG
SAM_3683.JPG

First Suit- Cesare Attolini
Second Suit- Cesare Attolini
Third Suit- Luciano Barbera Sartoriale (Made by Attolini)
Fourth Look- Cesare Attolini Sports Coat
Fifth Look- Luciano Barbera Sartoriale (made by Attolini) Sports Coat

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I would add this right here.. three different suits and two sports coats, made for or by Attolini...Some are items seen before in this thread but restyled, others new..I'm just realizing how much of a fan I am of their designs from the amount I have in rotation, lol
View attachment 1751802 View attachment 1751806
View attachment 1751814
View attachment 1751812 View attachment 1751813

First Suit- Cesare Attolini
Second Suit- Cesare Attolini
Third Suit- Luciano Barbera Sartoriale (Made by Attolini)
Fourth Look- Cesare Attolini Sports Coat
Fifth Look- Luciano Barbera Sartoriale (made by Attolini) Sports Coat

Very nice. I'm assuming you wear these primarily for work purposes?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Very excited to have my first Cesare Attolini jacket on its way to me! The jacket (3 roll 2) is new with tags, but a few seasons old...hence the 73% discount I received off retail...! (I really love nice things, but I love them even more when I land a deal on them...lol.)

No retailer in my part of the world, so had to rely on email and measurements from internet vendor. The Attolini size with my correct measurements was the same exact tag size and drop I take in Ermenegildo Zegna and in Corneliani's main line. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I receive a jacket with an excellent fit!

Will update this post with more info and pics once the jacket arrives!

This is the material/pattern (pic borrowed from the OP, Sartoriale's website):

CESAREATTOLINIGrayHerringbonePlaidWoolSuper120_sBlazerJacket46NEW3600004_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Very excited to have my first Cesare Attolini jacket on its way to me! The jacket (3 roll 2) is new with tags, but a few seasons old...hence the 73% discount I received off retail...! (I really love nice things, but I love them even more when I land a deal on them...lol.)

No retailer in my part of the world, so had to rely on email and measurements from internet vendor. The Attolini size with my correct measurements was the same exact tag size and drop I take in Ermenegildo Zegna and in Corneliani's main line. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) I receive a jacket with an excellent fit!

Will update this post with more info and pics once the jacket arrives!

This is the material/pattern (pic borrowed from the OP, Sartoriale's website):

View attachment 1760509

Well the response to my "teaser" post was overwhelming...lol...crickets...

So I won't keep you waiting any longer!

The jacket arrived today. Has not been to the tailor - unfinished sleeves, vents not even opened...but it fits great and I really love it!!!

A quick pic (I did not style my outfit - this is just what I had on, so not seeking critique on the ensemble)!

IMG_1619 3_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads