• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Though I'd love a pair of StC, I opted to grab the new Cavour penny loafer in drak brown suede. Surprisingly I didn't have one and the Almond 2 last works so well for me

xlarge.jpg

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in cavour suits but wary of internet sizing. Can anyone here compare cavour suit sizing to Spier and Mckay suits? Their neo cut fits great in 40R contemp. Thanks

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested in cavour suits but wary of internet sizing. Can anyone here compare cavour suit sizing to Spier and Mckay suits? Their neo cut fits great in 40R contemp. Thanks

I also take a 40 in S&M neo contemporary, and the Cavour 40 jacket fit me like a glove, although it was a touch shorter but I did not mind. However the pants were too tight for me even with the allowances let all the way out.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also take a 40 in S&M neo contemporary, and the Cavour 40 jacket fit me like a glove, although it was a touch shorter but I did not mind. However the pants were too tight for me even with the allowances let all the way out.

How's the rise on the trousers?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, that's really helpful. I should be ok for pants as I take 32 contemp with 40 R suit instead of 34.
Though, Neo is just the right length and I might not like any shorter than that

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with @nishant Cavour has better quality and construction, but the lower rise was exacerbated by the snug thighs on me. It made them look lower than they probably on normal proportions. The rise in SM neo is better on me.

So if you’re normal size in terms of thighs and calves it should be doable, but if your legs are stronger I’d be weary.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks, that's really helpful. I should be ok for pants as I take 32 contemp with 40 R suit instead of 34.
Though, Neo is just the right length and I might not like any shorter than that

Length was within 2cm I’d guess at most, but I haven’t verified that with numbers. It did not feel noticeably shorter.

What I said to myself was more like, “is this a bit shorter?” Rather than “this is definitely shorter.”

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SM 36S Contemp feels similar to Cavour 36.

rwtc

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but it appears that my order has already been shipped, but when I try to track the parcel via the links in the email, nothing is showing up on the website. Anyone else having this issue?

PCee47

Reaction score
Hey Cavour,
Trying to make a purchase but there does not seem to be the option to select “Ontario” as a province when I’m in the shipping window

Attachments

• 13C13B39-D8B7-45FF-9002-ABA73974F05B.png
    13C13B39-D8B7-45FF-9002-ABA73974F05B.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 91

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads