• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Imperatores

Reaction score
What fabric are you using in the non-cashmere Voyager jackets? They look fantastic, and I'm fighting the urge to impulse buy it in all colors... I wish they had sleeve lining, though. Hopefully they're successful enough to become a staple jacket style for your future collections. I'd love to see it in some rougher tweeds.

Shetterd

Reaction score
What fabric are you using in the non-cashmere Voyager jackets? They look fantastic, and I'm fighting the urge to impulse buy it in all colors... I wish they had sleeve lining, though. Hopefully they're successful enough to become a staple jacket style for your future collections. I'd love to see it in some rougher tweeds.
Maybe that can be MTO’d? @kevinsvindland ?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It is an LP 100% merino wool.

Mirage-

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland what is the fabric composition/provenance of this one? https://cavour.co/en/product/3513/mod-2-herringbone-jacket
Think I am going to get this in the end, though I can't quite decide whether I need the 46 or 48 (eternal struggle for me, having a 37'' chest). Measures seem roomy enough that I should be able to size down, but on the other hand, it's easier to take in than out.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland what is the fabric composition/provenance of this one? https://cavour.co/en/product/3513/mod-2-herringbone-jacket
Think I am going to get this in the end, though I can't quite decide whether I need the 46 or 48 (eternal struggle for me, having a 37'' chest). Measures seem roomy enough that I should be able to size down, but on the other hand, it's easier to take in than out.

VBC 100% wool

As for size if in doubt, go with the larger one. Far easier to get right with an alterations tailor.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Will be much better in terms of product info, so just bear with me! Hehe..
(And Yes, fabric weight will also be included)

Really love the new season items, but looking forward to fabric weight/info and model/fit info! Especially curious how the Voyager jackets compare to the new (Mod 2?) LP jackets

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The page doesn't show anything LP or even fabric composition. Only the very high top of the range price :)

We had some issues with the "material" tab, that is supposed to be displayed on the product page.
Where I have entered all the fabric info on all the new products. Should be up again as soon as our nerds figure out where it has gone....

Cashmere Voyager Jacket
:
Loro Piana - 100% Cashmere

460-480g

Unlined

Luxury Voyager Jacket:
Loro Piana Capolavoro - 100% Extra Fine Merino Wool

560-580g

Unlined

NikG

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Could you just confirm the new cashmere knits are all 100% cashmere? They look absolutely fantastic, have my eye on a few of them already.

Also, is sizing the same as previous cashmere knits? I purchased a v-neck last year and unfortunately it was a bit larger than I thought it’d be, which worked out ok for layering over shirts anyways. What size does your model wear and how tall is he?

Thanks!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Could you just confirm the new cashmere knits are all 100% cashmere? They look absolutely fantastic, have my eye on a few of them already.

Also, is sizing the same as previous cashmere knits? I purchased a v-neck last year and unfortunately it was a bit larger than I thought it’d be, which worked out ok for layering over shirts anyways. What size does your model wear and how tall is he?

Thanks!

Hi,

Glad you like them!

They are all 100% Cashmere, and the sizing is the same as before.

Håkon is wearing a Medium, and he is 185 cm tall.

I would say sizing is pretty much in line with our tailoring.
48-S, 50-M, 52-L, 54-XL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads