• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WNovizar

Reaction score
I'm able to do that, but when directed to the payment site, the full price is due. I thought this possibility of ordering out of stock items generally to be a glitch and suspected that the purchase would be cancelled afterwards.
Yeah indeed, I am really interested on how he did that? @Carmina can you confrim about this?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is Carmina's Glove welt?

We are introducing a completely new Goodyear Welted construction which is extremely flexible. It has been made specifically for softer shoes and unlined models.

Glove welt construction offers great innovation which would essentially have a very flexible leather sole which would not contrast with soft shoes since it is pre-broken in.

This new construction is only available in leather and JR soles.

@chatelet @bamgrinus @zag73
Which shoes are made on the glove well? Any available in the N.Y. shop?

Also, any natural cordovan in stock?

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Is that true? How do I do that?

You will see the "+" icon to the top right of the product thumbnail in the summer sales selection screen. Click on it and see if you see options to pick a different size that those in stock where it will say "In Production ... x days". Try adding your desired size and then proceed to checkout. I was able to see the discount applied.

WNovizar

Reaction score
Does anyone already received their unlined chukka 80728 GMTO? Can anybody confirm that they received the boots in Sineu last?

I ordered the GMTO with Sineu last, but then the boots came with box that said it was made with Robert last. IIRC there is no sineu last selection in configuration tool when I ordered the boots, so I put in the comment that I want sineu last.

Thilgela

Reaction score
Does anyone already received their unlined chukka 80728 GMTO? Can anybody confirm that they received the boots in Sineu last?

I ordered the GMTO with Sineu last, but then the boots came with box that said it was made with Robert last. IIRC there is no sineu last selection in configuration tool when I ordered the boots, so I put in the comment that I want sineu last.

I received mine and they were made on the last I specified in the comment. The last name on the box may not be accurate. Can you identify your boots if they are in Sineu or Robert? I think they are different enough to tell the difference?

WNovizar

Reaction score
The thing is I don't have boots or shoes in Robert last, hence why I am asking

serbarristan

Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my 80728 MTO in Armagnac. I love them. Great work, @Carmina !

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Forrest lasted boot and an Alden Plaza boot they could take some comparison pics of?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the new GMTO?

How do people find out about the GMTOs, and how do you place an order if you're interested?

Is there a link on the Carmina website somewhere (because, if so, I can't find it!). Or is it arranged through another website?

Edited to add: Actually, cancel that - I just found it on the website!

Is there somewhere to propose GMTOs? I'd love to propose a brown shell cordovan wingtip brogue boot (ie similar to the C&J for RL Lindrick).

WNovizar

Reaction score
What GMTO?

weriker

Reaction score
Actually, you just have to click on "MTO" on their site, which leads you to the GMTO:

The standard MTO can be found by clicking on "Customise".

weriker

Reaction score
@Carmina or anyone else in the know:

I need sizing advice for the Pina last: In Rain and Forest I go half a size down from Simpson and Xim.

One user here once wrote that the sizing in Pina is the same as Rain (half a size down from Simpson). Can anyone else confirm?

Ok, I'm coming back to my question from earlier on (see above). I now had the chance to try on a loafer in the Pina last to find out, that sizing it the same as Rain and Forest runs too small for me (it does fit, heel and instep is ok, but it feels too tight in the toe area). So I'll have to take the same size as Simpson/Xim.

I'm contemplating an MTO of a cordovan loafer in the Pina last. Some people say that cordovan runs large, so that you should take half a size down from your usual size.

So, again, my question for @Carmina and the collective wisdom here: Would it be wiser to order again half a size down from Simpson/Xim, since cordovan runs large and the Pina loafer (in that smaller size in calf) was just a bit too tight?
Or would I be better off to take the same size as I would take for the calf version.

I know, best would be to try them on in store, but that's not an option at the moment :confused:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Ok, I'm coming back to my question from earlier on (see above). I now had the chance to try on a loafer in the Pina last to find out, that sizing it the same as Rain and Forest runs too small for me (it does fit, heel and instep is ok, but it feels too tight in the toe area). So I'll have to take the same size as Simpson/Xim.

I'm contemplating an MTO of a cordovan loafer in the Pina last. Some people say that cordovan runs large, so that you should take half a size down from your usual size.

So, again, my question for @Carmina and the collective wisdom here: Would it be wiser to order again half a size down from Simpson/Xim, since cordovan runs large and the Pina loafer (in that smaller size in calf) was just a bit too tight?
Or would I be better off to take the same size as I would take for the calf version.

I know, best would be to try them on in store, but that's not an option at the moment :confused:

Exact same result with the cordovan Pina for me. Good heel and instep but a hair too narrow in the forefoot. I went TTS on mine. Found them slightly narrower than oscar in same size.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would just order the cheapest pair on that last to try on, then return and do your MTO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads