• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is full-on melty, salt, slush, puddle messiness up here. I won't be in mine for a while, yet, but you've got me craving them!

Wait, what? I thought you were in the “wear my shell in bad weather” camp. :satisfied:

If so, suede is the even more appropriate for bad weather. Edit: tolerant of bad weather

Last edited:

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I went with this in amaretto shell, commando soles (leather/rubber) with no storm welt.

I am thinking maybe I should have added a medallion.

View attachment 1144293

I nearly went with the taller boot myself. I found a photo deep in this thread somewhere of a Skoak build from 2017 that was the mid height boot but included the heel counters like the tall boot. Didn't seem to be an option since they don't have the pattern available apparently. I suspect you can adjust your order if you like. There are a couple of minor details I am still debating myself (eyelets, for instance, which I changed from antiqued to shiny at the last moment).

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, what? I thought you were in the “wear my shell in bad weather” camp. :satisfied:

If so, suede is the even more appropriate for bad weather. Edit: tolerant of bad weather

I got over the fear of rain on suede, but not the fear of dirty, salty puddles. I still have self-work and growth to do as a human and sartorialist! ;)

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nearly went with the taller boot myself. I found a photo deep in this thread somewhere of a Skoak build from 2017 that was the mid height boot but included the heel counters like the tall boot. Didn't seem to be an option since they don't have the pattern available apparently. I suspect you can adjust your order if you like. There are a couple of minor details I am still debating myself (eyelets, for instance, which I changed from antiqued to shiny at the last moment).
Can you share a photo of the Skoak build and the model #?

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the turn around time for customize orders on Carmina's website?

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
I think some deadline must be agreed/enforced. Otherwise we can’t possibly move on.

Let say, and to be fair, what about something like Tue 19, 23:59 GMT+0. What do you think @Carmina ?

Last edited:

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you want to wait til tuesday? Someone else would like to buy a pair and let the other 11 of us who've paid get the orders going. The guy's last post on here was on 2/27.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Please consider it as “example deadline” anyway. Since it’s up to @Carmina to decide the actual deadline.

Anyway, here’s how I came up with Tue:

I’m not sure if their (Carmina’s) representative is working during weekend. In such a case, even if we, collectively, say “today” he could still put the order in tomorrow and would still be eligible on the system. And it would give false hope for those waiting.

And I don’t know any details or dependencies regarding the internal decision. I assume that 2 working days (Mon, Tue) would be enough window for Carmina for working things out.

Don’t get me wrong, I want the order closed and move on as much as everyone. I wanted it closed yesterday if it’s up to me :)

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lost some weight and half a shoe size and need to move these shoes along. Wanted to give the guys here first dibs before I list them. Worn but well taken care of. PM me if interested and I'll provide additional pics or info.
Color 8 shell cordovan full brogue oxfords size 10 EE on the rain last.
20190315_202124.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads