• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
One more entry #Carminashoeshinemarathon

IMG_20200406_150607.jpg IMG_20200406_150539.jpg IMG_20200406_150419.jpg

o_Rion

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my 3rd pair of Carmina's today and was shocked when I pulled them out of the box at the lack of QA/QC. My first 2 pairs were fantastic. On this one, the left shoe had bad discoloration on one part of the leather, and a spot on the same panel where the leather looks worn/damaged. The right shoe had no indentations on the welt which is a minor detail, but noticeable lack of uniformity when they are together. I put renoveteur on them to see if the colors would smooth out with no effect. Either way, between all the issues I couldn't stomach keeping them at this price. In fairness, the discoloration is very noticeable in the sun but not indoors. Crap thing is I had metal toe caps installed which they have a no return policy for. I've reached out to inquire about an exchange, fingers crossed. Anyone had quality control issues like this before, and if I have to keep them is there anything that can be done with the color and welt (that won't cost me another $100)?

View attachment 1367201

sever View attachment 1367202 View attachment 1367203

Carmina got back on the exchange, as expected they'll do it. Bad news is they will have to ship a new pair from Spain to their US location, which will take 2-4 weeks, then ship to me once they've received the defective pair. Obviously frustrating to deal with the whole process and have to take the time to ship them. Hopefully, this is a one and only situation.

AWu

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got my 3rd pair of Carmina's today and was shocked when I pulled them out of the box at the lack of QA/QC. My first 2 pairs were fantastic. On this one, the left shoe had bad discoloration on one part of the leather, and a spot on the same panel where the leather looks worn/damaged. The right shoe had no indentations on the welt which is a minor detail, but noticeable lack of uniformity when they are together. I put renoveteur on them to see if the colors would smooth out with no effect. Either way, between all the issues I couldn't stomach keeping them at this price. In fairness, the discoloration is very noticeable in the sun but not indoors. Crap thing is I had metal toe caps installed which they have a no return policy for. I've reached out to inquire about an exchange, fingers crossed. Anyone had quality control issues like this before, and if I have to keep them is there anything that can be done with the color and welt (that won't cost me another $100)?

View attachment 1367201

sever View attachment 1367202 View attachment 1367203
Talk to them for a return/ exchange
With quality issue there is no excuse, no matter with toe plate or not

DL120

Reaction score

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words buddy. I just realized i follow you on instagram.:cheers:. When i saw your entry i was like, oh, i don't think i have a chance at all. excellent shineyou did!!

These are the model 907 if i remember correctly.

Btw, i have the same pair of single monk apron split toe you recently posted, but in calf instead of shell. Unfortunately i missized mine by a half size so they don't get much wear. But excellent choice with getting it in shell

Fantastic job! I love that model too. I had a chance to get these in saddle shell but wasn’t fast enough and deeply regret it.
Can you share the model #?

here was my entry or one of the pics. View attachment 1367810

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Fantastic job! I love that model too. I had a chance to get these in saddle shell but wasn’t fast enough and deeply regret it.
Can you share the model #?

here was my entry or one of the pics. View attachment 1367810

Not to press you for your secrets, but how did you manage to force a mirror shine onto shell? I normally have quite a bit of trouble getting wax polish to stick to the stuff at all, much less to the point you've gotten it.

Mindfree

Reaction score
Hello All
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

New member here. Got my first Carmina shell cordovan today. Unlined Cordovan Horsebit Loafer in Uetam last and JR sole.

@Carmina I must say excellent service. I read few stories of sub-par service here that I was a little scared ordering the shoes in the current environment. I am based out of NYC and couldn't go to the store to check my size/buy there as it is closed.
But man what a pleasant surprise!
I ordered the shoes late Apr 6 (Eastern Time), almost Apr 7 and received the shoes today (Apr 8). One Day free shipping from Spain!!! How great is that

Beautiful Loafers. Could not find any defects or QC issues except for very minor things which would have happened in the first few wears anyways.

Hope the COVID situation resolves soon so that I can enjoy these beauties out in summer...

IMG_1185.JPEG IMG_1186.JPEG IMG_1187.JPEG IMG_1188.JPEG IMG_1189.JPEG IMG_1190.JPEG IMG_1191.JPEG

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All

New member here. Got my first Carmina shell cordovan today. Unlined Cordovan Horsebit Loafer in Uetam last and JR sole.

@Carmina I must say excellent service. I read few stories of sub-par service here that I was a little scared ordering the shoes in the current environment. I am based on NYC and couldn't go to the store to check my size/buy there as it is closed.
I ordered the shoes late Apr 6 (Eastern Time), almost Apr 7 and received the shoes today (Apr 8). One Day free shipping from Spain!!! How great is that

Beautiful Loafers. Could not find any defects or QC issues except for very minor things which would have happened in the first few wears anyways.

Hope the COVID situation resolves soon so that I can enjoy these beauties out in summer...

View attachment 1368025 View attachment 1368026 View attachment 1368027 View attachment 1368028 View attachment 1368029 View attachment 1368030 View attachment 1368031
Looks great! Is this bourbon shell?

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All

@Carmina I must say excellent service. I read few stories of sub-par service here that I was a little scared ordering the shoes in the current environment. I am based out of NYC and couldn't go to the store to check my size/buy there as it is closed.

View attachment 1368025 View attachment 1368026 View attachment 1368027 View attachment 1368028 View attachment 1368029 View attachment 1368030 View attachment 1368031

Odd. I purchased a pair of bourbon cordovan boots almost two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing re shipping them.

ducatiti

Reaction score
Hello all. Fairly new here and with dress shoes in general primarily a sneaker head (Jordan's). I've been buying nothing but Cordovan shoes from different brands to include Carmina. First time out and one of my favorites are these Carmina Blucher in green cordovan...

IMG_4930.jpg
IMG_4927.jpg
IMG_4926.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads