• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Betelgeuse This is a great makeup. I have a couple of questions. These are on Llubi (presumably)? Is this a modified 80488? Did you ask for a different type of stitching on the U-Tip than is ordinary? To me, the stitching on these looks a little bit different, and potentially a little more casual, than the stitching on their standard NST or other U-tip makeups that people have gotten. Is this something you asked for, or am I just seeing things?
Thanks man. These is a make-up Carmina did a few years ago, I found these new on Grailed and grabbed them but can't remember the model, let me look inside and let you know.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s something similar on eBay now
Thank you, not my size. I would need a model number for this, maybe @Carmina can provide it.

Thank you. I do not have experience with Balitx last and the price $820 seems excessive.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, not my size. I would need a model number for this, maybe @Carmina can provide it.

Thank you. I do not have experience with Balitx last and the price $820 seems excessive.

I think at price levels like that Carmina is pricing themselves out of at least part of the US market. Right now with regular retail prices it already comes pretty close to other makers that I consider a step up (or the new Chinese handwelted/lasted makers)

Reaction score
My lizard cap toe shoes came today but the leather on the side looks very wrinkled. Is this normal? wrink.jpg

It looks nothing like what they show on their website:
https://www.carminashoemaker.com/cdnassets/lizard_oxford_carmina_80197_ladl-2.jpg

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Was it in the outlet section? Carmina does not tell you this, but if you look at this thread history, it is clear that a lot of the outlet stuff is factory seconds.
It was bought on the summer sale but they said they had to make new ones because it was a "mistake" that the shoe was listed as available even though they were still listed available weeks after my order, therefore they offered to manufacture new ones if I could wait 40 days which I was fine with.

officine

Reaction score
It was bought on the summer sale but they said they had to make new ones because it was a "mistake" that the shoe was listed as available even though they were still listed available weeks after my order, therefore they offered to manufacture new ones if I could wait 40 days which I was fine with.
No need to overthink this imo. Your instincts are correct here...a new, unworn, and non-factory seconds shoe should not show that wrinkling out of the box. I think this a reasonable customer service issue, and would bring it up to them.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
So does anyone have a good understanding on what the process is for: (i) Color 4; (ii) Amaretto? and (iii) the shell chelsea boots?

I have been on the waitlist for Color 4 and, per Sara's message from a few days ago, I am up in this round.

She then also said that Color 4 and Amaretto are no longer being limited:
We are not running the list anymore, colour 4 and amaretto will not be limited while the GMTO is open. I'll send all instructions during the week.

I have also requested to be on the waitlist for amaretto going back a ways, but I have not been aware of an established waitlist for amaretto like there has been for color 4.

Is color 4 and amaretto only going to be available (without limitation) for this GMTO of cordovan chelsea boots, or is it going to be available for other orders too? If there is no limitation on color 4 ordering, why did it say that only 4 people got off the color 4 waitlist?

@Carmina any clarity here would be awesome, but all is very exciting! Thanks

officine

Reaction score

Here are the two models I am aware of. Have not seen to date a Carmina with faux laces.
I think at price levels like that Carmina is pricing themselves out of at least part of the US market. Right now with regular retail prices it already comes pretty close to other makers that I consider a step up (or the new Chinese handwelted/lasted makers)
Without getting into discussion of value, we should recognize that the link is for a full priced custom boot, with JR sole and shoe trees. If you get fee waived during an MTO weekend (so regular retail), and forego shoe trees, you are in $525 - $555 for a regular leather Chelsea make-up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads