• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey SF pals,
I want to see how a jumper boot looks like on Amaretto shell. For the life of me, i cannot find an example from the previous Amaretto GMTO for jumpers.

@Carmina or any of the folks that jumped on the previous Amaretto GMTO, do you have a couple of boot pictures (any boot) that you can share?

It would be highly appreciated.

When my Amaretto MTO comes I'll share :D

But the group will be before then I'm sure haha.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cakv

Reaction score
Would you all keep a shoe with this stain on it or ask for a remake? Light brushing hasn't changed it much

cakv

Reaction score
I did indeed pay full price @zag73. Thanks for your input. I know it's speculation but do you think it'll come off if I bring it to a competent cobbler? I don't want to make carmina remake the whole pair. It's taxing on them and I like them as a company. I don't want to go demanding stuff and be "that guy" cause they've already remade a pair of oxfords for me in the past.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did indeed pay full price @zag73. Thanks for your input. I know it's speculation but do you think it'll come off if I bring it to a competent cobbler? I don't want to make carmina remake the whole pair. It's taxing on them and I like them as a company. I don't want to go demanding stuff and be "that guy" cause they've already remade a pair of oxfords for me in the past.
You could try the Saphir suede rubber. Saphir also do a suede liquid clean. I’ve used the liquid clean and had great results. Is the mark on the inside or outside? If inside, i guess it’s less of an issue. Either way, your trousers will cover the mark.

oskrusa

Reaction score
@Carmina Does Amaretto Cordovan GMTO can be multiple makeups? or one single makeup with group of 14-15 ?

It is my understanding that you can select the makeup(s) you want, as long as it is Amaretto shell.

There is extra cost if you want to modify one of the standard patterns available on the 'Customize' section when designing your shoe.
For instance, wanting the wingtip boot pattern but with captoe, instead of wingtip, will set you back an extra £100.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Do let us know your order number, we can have the suede restored for you if you would not like to have them remanufactured.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It is my understanding that you can select the makeup(s) you want, as long as it is Amaretto shell.

There is extra cost if you want to modify one of the standard patterns available on the 'Customize' section when designing your shoe.
For instance, wanting the wingtip boot pattern but with captoe, instead of wingtip, will set you back an extra £100.

Exactly right, @jamesnyc the only common factor for the make would be amaretto cordovan. Each user can select their preferred model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads