• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a shoe that has medallion 15?

20190830_104442.jpg

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on a hunt for new boots and it looks like the Carmina Bourbon Jumpers may be exactly what I'm looking for (Oscar last). I have a question on fit and sizing though: I wear size 9D Alden Indies, 9.5d Whites and AE boots but 9.5E on AE 5 last.

Would the most likely equivalent size for the Carminas be a size 9? What about width on this last?

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all Carmina fans. I've been looking at some of the Inca shell Cordovan double monks. I'm not really in a place that I can easily get a try done, though I might be in New York next month.

I wear an 11 in C+J in most lasts. Would I be safe doing the same in an Inca?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been on a hunt for new boots and it looks like the Carmina Bourbon Jumpers may be exactly what I'm looking for (Oscar last). I have a question on fit and sizing though: I wear size 9D Alden Indies, 9.5d Whites and AE boots but 9.5E on AE 5 last.

Would the most likely equivalent size for the Carminas be a size 9? What about width on this last?

My guess is that you'd be an 8.5UK on Oscar. Oscar is medium width, I think it'd be fine (AE 5 last is rather narrow so a lot of people go up a width).

bootyboy

Reaction score
Hey all Carmina fans. I've been looking at some of the Inca shell Cordovan double monks. I'm not really in a place that I can easily get a try done, though I might be in New York next month.

I am an 8UK in C&J and wear an 8.5UK in Inca double monks (i have the bourbons double monks).

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My guess is that you'd be an 8.5UK on Oscar. Oscar is medium width, I think it'd be fine (AE 5 last is rather narrow so a lot of people go up a width).

Agree 8.5UK would be likely to work. I sometimes go up to 11E in the AE 65 but am usually 11. Oscar has plenty of instep and toe room compared to 65, so 8.5 should work.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am an 8UK in C&J and wear an 8.5UK in Inca double monks (i have the bourbons double monks).

Without more info, hard to tell. I would think 11 is the best place to start, but it depends on your foot. Most Carmina lasts are true to length. Inca has a large instep and heel. Toe box is OK for me, but there is taper on the inside of the toe box, so there is not enough room for the big toe.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks bamgrinus and jet-stream. I found those Carmina Boubons in my hunt yesterday and will definitely be getting them. Thanks for fit advice @8.5!

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the MTO fee waived for these, or is pricing around what’s shown in the customize tool? Thanks.
MTO fee has been waived for the prior five or six styleforum GMTOs offered this year. I assume same applies to this round of Amaretto GMTOs, but @Carmina can you confirm please? Also what is the minimum number of participants required?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads