• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bleu

Reaction score
I have been searching for a tassel loafer model 80215 or 80371 (braided) in brown (vegano) calf, but haven't found what I'm looking for. The Armoury and Oak Room has the braided tassel loafer in brown rusti calf, but I'm not a big fan of that type of calf. Is there any interest in an GMTO?

Model 80215 in brown lizard from Carmina shoemaker webpage.

Model 80371 in brown rusti calf from The Armoury webpage.

GMTO suggestion:
Tassel loafer 80215 or 80371 (braided) / Brown vegano calf / Uteam-last / Singe leather sole

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really think this is Carmina's best model by a country mile. I've sold or am selling all my other Carminas (mostly due to fit or just never wearing them -- I'm more of an Alden guy, I think), but I will keep these forever.

Today you could say is the most iconic shoe from Carmina.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today you could say is the most iconic shoe from Carmina.

Looking great!

Saturninus

Reaction score

Ruby shell Carminas today.

I want. But until I see a pair in person, I cannot know if it would work for me. Unfortunately, there is no chance I will be able to see these in person.

Would you say that the rubi cordovan appears very red like red sports car red? Or more of a reddish burnt orange? Or a reddish brown like Allen Edmonds Chili color?

What I like about that shoe is that the quarter brogue pattern is striking enough to match well with the somewhat flashy color, but does not push it over the top like a semi or full brogue would. And then that sleek last holds is all together so well.

Anyone care to volunteer a picture of an outfit with those shoes, waist down, in good lighting?

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want. But until I see a pair in person, I cannot know if it would work for me. Unfortunately, there is no chance I will be able to see these in person.

Would you say that the rubi cordovan appears very red like red sports car red? Or more of a reddish burnt orange? Or a reddish brown like Allen Edmonds Chili color?

What I like about that shoe is that the quarter brogue pattern is striking enough to match well with the somewhat flashy color, but does not push it over the top like a semi or full brogue would. And then that sleek last holds is all together so well.

Anyone care to volunteer a picture of an outfit with those shoes, waist down, in good lighting?

I think it depends on the lighting. They're not quite sports car red, but they're pretty red.

Here's a photo of my shell collection (from a while ago) where you can see how the Carminas compare to Natural, Whiskey, Cognac, and Ravello shell (all in the front row, left to right). The back row is Black, Navy, Color 8, Cigar, Brown, and Walnut.

Saturninus

Reaction score
Beautiful collection of shells there, and the rubi really does demand attention.

Thanks for posting that comparison with oxblood. That helps a lot.

Slowly but surely, I am building up the courage. Now to start building up the bank account.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check the link you provided:

SPECIAL BLACK FRIDAY GMTO'S
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR BLACK FRIDAY
In 45 days you will receive your exclusive limited edition shoes.

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^^ Delivery times are suffering because of an increase in demand, but there are several new workers going through the training program so hopefully lead times will improve soon. Great news for everyone!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads