• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emiristol

Reaction score
@jester: http://www.thearmourystore.com/shoes/carmina-simpson-10082-loafer-suede-brown

Do you have a low instep? Loafers are tricky of you do. In that case a tongue pad might help.

Not particularly. In fact, when stationary, the shoe appears to fit perfectly; it's only when walking that the slippage occurs. Regardless, I think i'll order a tongue pad. Any recommendations as to where to get them?

Pics below (sorry about the poor quality, they were taken in a hurry)

Hardep Singh

Reaction score
how long did it take for you to receive the shoe with hong kong speed post assuming you live in the u.s.
is the shoe comfortable with good padding. thinking about getting the same. the widest part of my foot is 4.25 inches don't know if these will be too narrow.

Last edited:

WiredandTired

Reaction score
Then it is probably the outsole hasn't broken to be flexible. The cork will probably mold to some degree to reduce the slip as well.

Don't have a particular brand handy, just popped into my local cobbler and bought some no names, seem to work well enough.

emiristol

Reaction score
@hardep i live in seattle, washington. they arrived within 3 days, which is remarkably quick. i wouldn't worry about the width. even though it's on the simpson last, and i have wide feet (between US standard D and E), the width is fine. it's quite comfortable, and i expect (read: hope) them to break in to provide even more comfort

@W&T: ok, good. this is my first pair of loafers, so i don't know what to expect

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These SkoAB models are beautiful. Is there a website listing these? I tried to find it and could not. Was hoping to see where I might find a more complete selection of Carmina shoes offered or in the works. If it is just MTOs, I get it. Might have to go in for those navy chukkas. Thanks.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

These SkoAB models are beautiful.  Is there a website listing these?  I tried to find it and could not.  Was hoping to see where I might find a more complete selection of Carmina shoes offered or in the works.  If it is just MTOs, I get it.  Might have to go in for those navy chukkas.  Thanks.

www.skoaktiebolaget.se

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Unipair staff favorites for hopefully soon fall. Burgundy, Navy, Dark Cognac

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have three navy cordovan shoes in stock and a navy boot mto with york soles still open for orders.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen people ask this in the past but (surprisingly) without much in the way of a clear answer:

Do people in the U.S. ordering Carmina from overseas wind up having to pay duties and/or extra fees? If so, what are we talking?

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member