• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be down if it were a captoe or even just a brogued toe with no cap. The colors are great, but I just can't get myself to like that design.
Captoe design was my original idea to be quite honest! even better for me!

This below in brown calf and loden suede shaft!

I still need 3 more. But if diglett is on board with us, we just need 2 more!
cheers.gif

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

3. last but not least.......I just stumbled upon this picture from Carmina's facebook page today and my heart stopped! anyone up for this u-tip MTO in either burgundy calf or dark brown calf?? I am in myself so I need 5 more
biggrin.gif
This is actually a design we asked Carmina to make up for us at Skoaktiebolaget, and Mr. Albaladejo made a very good job of designing a completely new model from my very shoddy sketches and verbal description of an Adelaide U-tip. We will have the exact same model coming in (tanned calf, with a medallion) this July/August and also the same model in Brown Calf without a medallion about the same time.

diglett

Reaction score
Keep the updates rolling on that Loden boot. I can't say for sure if I can commit right now, considering how broke I am, but I might be able to figure something out.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Captoe design was my original idea to be quite honest! even better for me! This below in brown calf and loden suede shaft!
That is a bootiful boot bro'!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We're still looking for 3 more for these two boot group MTO! 2. navy shell jodhpur boot in deia last (picture courtesy of Ethan at the Armoury Shop HK)
who is in for this jodhpur? we've talked about and drooled over this model ever since Carmina entered our vocabulary. Lets order now for an early fall delivery. Best Fall ever!

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its spec'ed on the deia last which like the simpson and alcudia lasts, is far too narrow, even for my foot. I think rain would be perfect. unless of course we can get the deia is a wider fitting

velomane

Reaction score

I was going to order a cordovan chukkas from Carmina directly. Can you expand on what you mean buy "built on the wrong last"? Thanks!

I sent Betty an inquiry as to price and availability of the 905 chukka in cognac shell on the Simpson last. She responded with a price (no MTO mark up, as it was currently in production). I responded with an order, and requested she confirm we were speaking about the same boot in regards to leather and last. She also wanted to know which sole I wanted- full leather, or the York. I asked for the York. Eight weeks later, I get a boot built on the Rain last and full leather sole. I'm not too happy at this point, because I have no doubt this is going to cost me, over and above what I've already paid.

For those of you thinking of ordering MTO, I'd suggest going through a retailer. At least you'll have somebody willing to take the hit for any mistakes and costs associated with the mistakes. Carmina have no interest in atoning for their error. They even wanted to charge me full MTO price to make the proper pair for me. I responded quite sternly to that suggestion, and they relented on the upcharge.

Finally, for anyone wondering about the current cognac shell supply, these boots were the dark cognac.

Joshua Lee

Reaction score
its spec'ed on the deia last which like the simpson and alcudia lasts, is far too narrow, even for my foot. I think rain would be perfect. unless of course we can get the deia is a wider fitting
I'm part of those interested in this MTO, but after recently getting fitted I've come to realize the deia, simpson, and alcudia lasts won't work for me. So really hoping this can be done on the rain last.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm part of those interested in this MTO, but after recently getting fitted I've come to realize the deia, simpson, and alcudia lasts won't work for me. So really hoping this can be done on the rain last. 

In with you; deia, Simpson and alcudia are all No gos for me. I'm leaning toward rain

Last edited:

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads