• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sillyvvill

Reaction score
What drove you to pick the silver soles?
I saw the Tramuntana soles in person at the boutique today, and they are beefy. Not in a bad way, but i wanted boots that I can wear with either jeans or a suit, and I felt that they were too casual for dressier outfits. The silver soles are just right I think.

Southeasterly

Reaction score
I had a minute to pop into the Barcelona store today. A bit of nostalgia since I bought my first pair of Carmina boots there many years ago. It’s hardly changed a bit and the staff are tremendously gracious.

Funny aside - when I bought the boots I foolishly opted to take the VAT refund on my credit card to get a few dollars more on the exchange rate. I never received the refund and didn’t really have any recourse. Last year I got a random credit that I traced back to… my VAT refund. It had been nearly a decade. I guess someone finally got around to processing the paperwork. The moral of the story: always take your VAT refund in cold hard cash!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmine U-Tip pebble grain bourbon shell.
IMG_1641.jpeg

gmalicki

Reaction score
So... who got what in the GMTO?
I ended up ordering the NST in black hatch despite any pain it may have caused my wallet. Damned if you do and damned if you don't with these limited things - but I'm excited to see how they turn out.

Interested by all the people asking about what size trees to order though, because the website didn't ask me. I figured Carmina would just ship them with the ones that fit best.

lurker33

Reaction score
So... who got what in the GMTO?
I was about to buy the NSTs at the last moment but decided against it because i doubt i would have like them enough for just the black hatch. A bit bummed that it wasn't 80488 instead, that model is exactly what i was looking for in hatch shell.

User888

Reaction score
I was about to buy the NSTs at the last moment but decided against it because i doubt i would have like them enough for just the black hatch. A bit bummed that it wasn't 80488 instead, that model is exactly what i was looking for in hatch shell.
They will do a custom event soon and I bet they'll have some black hatch left ..just be quick

ABM

Reaction score
Quick question for any owners of boots in the Soller Last. Picked up a pair of Soller brown CXL boots in my usual UK 11, but I'm surprised as how large these are! Both in volume and particularly length. I'm an UK11 in the Rain (snug fit) and UK11.5 in the Forest (comfortable fit, but 11 would be too right at the toes).

I knew the Soller was generous, but most people seem to take their regular size.

Couldn't resist measuring the outsole. Even though the boot has no storm welt, it's a full 34 cm (13.4 inches). Compare that to the Rain (not a short shoe by any means, longer than Forest) at 32.6 cm (12.8 inches) and it feel like a full different size. Even other large shoes and boots - including with storm welts - like Trickers 4444 or Sargent 7WK come in around 33 cm.

Did I get a misstamped pair? Or is the Soller really this big? If so, I feel this is valuable info for anyone unable to try the last beforehand!

Photos - Soller and Rain.

Attachments

• P_20230407_105749.jpg
    P_20230407_105749.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 67
  • P_20230407_110013.jpg
    P_20230407_110013.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 64

hollandn

Reaction score
Quick question for any owners of boots in the Soller Last. Picked up a pair of Soller brown CXL boots in my usual UK 11, but I'm surprised as how large these are! Both in volume and particularly length. I'm an UK11 in the Rain (snug fit) and UK11.5 in the Forest (comfortable fit, but 11 would be too right at the toes).

I knew the Soller was generous, but most people seem to take their regular size.

Couldn't resist measuring the outsole. Even though the boot has no storm welt, it's a full 34 cm (13.4 inches). Compare that to the Rain (not a short shoe by any means, longer than Forest) at 32.6 cm (12.8 inches) and it feel like a full different size. Even other large shoes and boots - including with storm welts - like Trickers 4444 or Sargent 7WK come in around 33 cm.

Did I get a misstamped pair? Or is the Soller really this big? If so, I feel this is valuable info for anyone unable to try the last beforehand!

Photos - Soller and Rain.
I have slightly bigger feet and I have a size UK12 in Soller and that is 34.6cm and with a storm welt. Would a full size down to your size UK11 be only 0.6cm smaller. Not sure. Maybe they are misstamped. Maybe someone else has a Soller in UK11 that can do a similar measure. Not sure I have helped much!

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1883.jpeg
    IMG_1883.jpeg
    155.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 49

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads