• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a pretty high instep on the Oscar last?

I typically go with Simpson or Forest, but i recently got a pair in Oscar (all the exact same size) and the instep is a huge difference

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Can i please see pictures of your saddle and amaretto cordovan shoes

Amaretto shell split toes on Detroit.
The Oscar instep is definitely more accommodating. I’m 8D on brannock but have a high instep and pretty high volume foot. I have to do Forest as 7.5 on the EEE. It’s a narrower last with a low Instep. I’m your polar opposite. Detroit, Llubi, and Oscar are my go-tos. (And probably Soller)

Attachments

• FF953601-D141-4A8A-BA6B-6CBEF66AB0FC.jpeg
    FF953601-D141-4A8A-BA6B-6CBEF66AB0FC.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 149
  • E2ED1271-3E8C-4B95-A97E-2506F5052493.jpeg
    E2ED1271-3E8C-4B95-A97E-2506F5052493.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 205

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I just want to take a moment to give credit where it's due. Shazid at the Carmina store on 45th in NYC is one of the BEST sales people I've worked with in any brand. I would not hesitate to recommend him for placing orders through a store.

The story: In December I visited NYC for New Years and to visit a few places. Shazid was the associate in the 45th St store who helped me get dialed in on sizing for multiple lasts. Bought a pair but the pair in store had a blemish so he ordered a new pair from overseas for me.

Fast forward: last MTO weekend I called the store to place my order rather than doing so online. I wanted to order through him to make sure the store gets credit for it. Months later the shoes are mailed to me from the factory- lo and behold there's some issues. I call him at the store, email pictures, and he sends me a prepaid shipping label. Send the shoes in and he takes a look at them- agrees there are issues. The pictures are up on this thread where the shell was very rough, dimpled, and noticeable on foot. He pushed and get a remake for me. He's been checking in with the factory to make sure they got it right this time. Let me know every step of the way during the remake. At one point Carmina was OUT of olive shell and had to source more. Today he sent pictures to let me know how they turned out and that they'd be on the way soon.

I'll say it louder for the people in the back: if you're in the US and want to place an order but don't have a sales associate already I would STRONGLY recommend calling the 45st store and ordering through Shazid. He will make sure you get what you're paying for.

ajay199127

Reaction score
I always assumed Simpson had the lowest instep, but inca does. Can anyone comment owing an Inca Chelsea advice on the sizing? I have a Simpson Chelsea and went TTS+0.5

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always assumed Simpson had the lowest instep, but inca does. Can anyone comment owing an Inca Chelsea advice on the sizing? I have a Simpson Chelsea and went TTS+0.5
I don’t have any Inca Chelseas, but have Inca monks and lots of shoes on Simpson (including Chelseas). It’s possible Inca has a lower instep on Carmina’s last outlines, but Inca has much more volume on the instep than Simpson in the same size.
I don’t know how this would translate into chelseas; Simpson chelseas do tend to have a higher instep than other boots on Simpson.

ajay199127

Reaction score
I don’t have any Inca Chelseas, but have Inca monks and lots of shoes on Simpson (including Chelseas). It’s possible Inca has a lower instep on Carmina’s last outlines, but Inca has much more volume on the instep than Simpson in the same size.
I don’t know how this would translate into chelseas; Simpson chelseas do tend to have a higher instep than other boots on Simpson.

Thanks for your insight. How about the heel tightness and toe width?

Treaper23

Reaction score
Can anyone that owns both a pair of shoes in C&J 337 and Carmina Simpson post a side-by-side picture or comment on their similarity in terms of fit, length, toe box shape and width, and overall sleekness?

After seeing a side-by-side pic of the 337 and Rain, I realized that the Rain is significantly shorter and might not be what I'm looking for. Thanks to Barbaresco for the picture.

Hello,
Can anyone, who own both of these lasts, confirm if this information is correct ? The difference in lenght is just too much. I don’t understand how these lasts can be worn in the same size :0

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics