• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

officine

Reaction score
Is there any disatvantage in Carmina Suede compared to their Repello? I suppose their "Suede" is Janus Calf (fullgrain) suede?
I will be able to tell you soon.

I have worn Carmina's regular suede for years and found it to be luxurious to the touch. I treat them once a year with Saphir Invulner for protection, but have babied them (not wearing them in inclement weather). I have wanted a permanent weather resistant suede for the south florida summer rains. They say Repello is it. This is my attempt to find out how they perform, and am also looking to see what the differences are in the nap and texture. Will let you know.

Abhishek_K

Reaction score
What AE models do you have in and in what sizes? Also, where do the AE’s feel tight on you foot? Toes, width, on top, length, etc?

I wear 8Ds. They feel okayish now, but the first month, it was quite painful. The top of my feet would be quite sore and red. Even now, it gets sore occassionally.

I will be able to tell you soon.

I have worn Carmina's regular suede for years and found it to be luxurious to the touch. I treat them once a year with Saphir Invulner for protection, but have babied them (not wearing them in inclement weather). I have wanted a permanent weather resistant suede for the south florida summer rains. They say Repello is it. This is my attempt to find out how they perform, and am also looking to see what the differences are in the nap and texture. Will let you know.
Considering classic suede is full grain suede and repello only split suede (treated in factory) I would still guess classic suede (janus calf) to be more rugged

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I wear 8Ds. They feel okayish now, but the first month, it was quite painful. The top of my feet would be quite sore and red. Even now, it gets sore occassionally.

Alright. Which model name? AE's have some widely varying lasts. Might be able to make some suggestions after knowing which model it was.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Repello suede in a well worn pair of shoes.
20220609_230447.jpg
Great stuff for all kind of weather and walking conditions.

Style989

Reaction score
I just recently found out about Carmina, I was buying Cheaney's prior but am so tempted especially with all the customisation options. I spent hours designing lol. Has anyone ordered a pair from the UK recently? Will I be hit with a bunch of customs and VAT charges or is it included in Carmina's price? thx

hollandn

Reaction score
I just recently found out about Carmina, I was buying Cheaney's prior but am so tempted especially with all the customisation options. I spent hours designing lol. Has anyone ordered a pair from the UK recently? Will I be hit with a bunch of customs and VAT charges or is it included in Carmina's price? thx
I have ordered about a dozen pairs in the UK and delivery is trouble free. No extra duty or fees and DHL delivery is super quick. Last pair ordered left Mallorca on Tuesday and arrived Wednesday.

Style989

Reaction score
Perfect thank you so much. Now I just have to choose which shoe to start with. I'm leaning towards a dark brown or terra whole cut. I already have black and conker whole cuts from Cheaney's, really like the whole cut style. Once I'm set on sizing from Carmina I plan to customise a pair of spectators.

Style989

Reaction score
So I decided to go with the whole cut brogue 80807 in brown demasquable. Is it worth adding the Carmina shoe care kit that includes the cream and polish or am I better off just getting Saphir D'or creme and polish? I assume it would be dark brown I need in the Saphir D'or?

hollandn

Reaction score
So I decided to go with the whole cut brogue 80807 in brown demasquable. Is it worth adding the Carmina shoe care kit that includes the cream and polish or am I better off just getting Saphir D'or creme and polish? I assume it would be dark brown I need in the Saphir D'or?
Shoes look good. Their shoe care kit with brush cloth and cream and polish doesn’t look bad value at 34 quid but I am sure others can comment. If you need the whole lot. Not sure who Carmina uses to make their care products. I personally use Saphir product as and when I need it from A Fine Pair of Shoes website in the UK.

Style989

Reaction score
Shoes look good. Their shoe care kit with brush cloth and cream and polish doesn’t look bad value at 34 quid but I am sure others can comment. If you need the whole lot. Not sure who Carmina uses to make their care products. I personally use Saphir product as and when I need it from A Fine Pair of Shoes website in the UK.

Yeah A Fine Pair of Shoes is decent. The kit is good value and I do want a separate brush for these so I'll get it and then refill with Saphir later. A Farley country attire has the Saphir renoateur at a good price about 10 quid so I stocked up. Charles Clickard has the Saphir Creme at the cheapest I found at £11.50

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads