• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paulinuhhh

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with the Carmina 1465 women’s loafer? I’m having a hard time finding any kind of info about the fit. I generally wear a women’s 8 and have wide feet. Wondering if I should stick TTS or size up? I would want to wear them barefoot and with thin socks.

oskrusa

Reaction score
My wife has a similar pair on the Luz last. As you might know, the last shape is one of the most crucial pieces of info to account for.

She goes 2 sizes down on Luz from her regular US size on other makers like Uggs or Frye. It feels TTS for her, her feet are regular/standard width.

I would recommend you calling a store and ask them for advice. If you are in the US, the store on 45th Street in Midtown NYC has always been wonderful to us.

Does anybody have any experience with the Carmina 1465 women’s loafer? I’m having a hard time finding any kind of info about the fit. I generally wear a women’s 8 and have wide feet. Wondering if I should stick TTS or size up? I would want to wear them barefoot and with thin socks.

genomeMonsier

Reaction score
Recently received my new Carmina chelsea shoes (1118 MADISON 20) and have yet to wear them. They look stunning from the front, but not so much from the back. I am wondering if this is normal.

Iona from customer service stated "In manufacturing, the leather on that side of the boot is put under a lot of pressure and the wrinkles may appear during this step. It is not considered a defect or a faulty item in this case"

IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_2967.JPG IMG_2963.JPG

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Recently received my new Carmina chelsea shoes (1118 MADISON 20) and have yet to wear them. They look stunning from the front, but not so much from the back. I am wondering if this is normal.

Iona from customer service stated "In manufacturing, the leather on that side of the boot is put under a lot of pressure and the wrinkles may appear during this step. It is not considered a defect or a faulty item in this case"

View attachment 1731319
View attachment 1731320 View attachment 1731321
Are you planning on wearing with shorts?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1731319
Kinda looks like they were tried on.

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1731319
I’d note that it’s certainly possible that you may wear with trousers that don’t cover this area - not sure of your sartorial preferences.
While this would be borderline at best to me, that is a natural flex point (think pointing your toes forward/down), so some of this would happen with wear.
If you are not happy with them, I might challenge Carmina a bit on this one; they have lots of website photos that don’t depict wrinkling here. I’d also be satisfied with a very moderate discount. Frankly, it looks like a section of looser hide, not a lasting issue per se.

Reaction score
My wife has a similar pair on the Luz last. As you might know, the last shape is one of the most crucial pieces of info to account for.

She goes 2 sizes down on Luz from her regular US size on other makers like Uggs or Frye. It feels TTS for her, her feet are regular/standard width.

I would recommend you calling a store and ask them for advice. If you are in the US, the store on 45th Street in Midtown NYC has always been wonderful to us.

I'm curious about the widths on Carmina's women's shoes. On their size guide, they don't differentiate between men's and women's widths, but with American shoes - as far as I understand - a women's standard width is a US B? With Carmina, are women's shoes with lasts in their EE width truly a US D width?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
In light of some of the recent negative experiences going on I'd like to share some positives I've had with Carmina.

First, my MTO from the weekend. There was a minor difference between my request and what I received. It took them a little while to get back to me but I was offered a satisfactory resolution. That felt good.

Second, I recently visited the Carmina showrooms in NYC. The one on 45th, next to J. Press, Alden Madison, etc was great. I went to that location first and received great treatment and a lot of sound advice. I tried the second location and was not as enchanted with the selection or experience. I went back to the 45th location and dialed in some other sizes. Really positive experience. Ended up ordering something that might take a while. But also really dialed in my size for future MTO orders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads