• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viatu

Reaction score
I got these Carmina split toe derbies on the soller last in polo suede on sale at Gentlemen's Footwear. I have one other pair of Carminas and they're on the Inca last. The soller fits similarly to the Inca in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20211229_173916.jpg
    20211229_173916.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 145
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a new formal shoe to wear with a tuxedo and full evening dress. I've not purchased Carmina before (nor any European shoemaker) but I've been drawn to the stylings of Carmina. One issue that's held me back in the past is that I have a foot that's fairly narrow.

I can make a size 9.5B in American dress shoes work (Rancourt 115 last, Allen Edmonds), so I'm wondering if anyone could comment if you think it would be possible that the Carmina opera pumps could work for my foot? They say the Uetam last runs narrow with a low instep, which would be good for me. I'm wondering if any gaps could be remedied with a tongue and/or heel pad.

So, any guys here with a narrow foot that wear the Uetam last or something different?

thefoobar

Reaction score
I can make a size 9.5B in American dress shoes work (Rancourt 115 last, Allen Edmonds) ... any guys here with a narrow foot that wear the Uetam last or something different?
I'm the same size as you. Don't get opera pumps in Uetam, do it in Sineu instead on a MTO fee-waiver event. Despite its description of being low-instep, Uetam is wider and more voluminous than Sineu, and has a higher instep too. You'll want Sineu 8.5UK.

Source: have 9.5B foot, own several Sineu 8.5UK shoes including loafers, and have been fitted for Uetam in-store and found it's too voluminous and wide for my thin feet.

Reaction score
I'm the same size as you. Don't get opera pumps in Uetam, do it in Sineu instead on a MTO fee-waiver event. Despite its description of being low-instep, Uetam is wider and more voluminous than Sineu, and has a higher instep too. You'll want Sineu 8.5UK.

Source: have 9.5B foot, own several Sineu 8.5UK shoes including loafers, and have been fitted for Uetam in-store and found it's too voluminous and wide for my thin feet.

Thanks for this info; it's very helpful! Are you able to wear any other lasts from Carmina? I would really like a pair of wholecuts (maybe even as a more versatile alternative to opera pumps), but I'm somewhat dubious of the Rain last. Though if I went that route, I could get the wholecuts on the Sineu last I suppose.

thefoobar

Reaction score
Thanks for this info; it's very helpful! Are you able to wear any other lasts from Carmina?
Here are my round toe Carmina lasts:
  • Sineu 8.5UK: Perfect narrow heel, low instep, asymmetric toe. Looks better IRL than pictures IMO.
  • Robert 8UK: Is another long, low volume, round toe last that fits, but I've never ordered anything as Sineu is perfect for me. More symmetric toe.
  • Oscar 8UK: rumored to fit similar to Robert, but I've been unable to try it. Better looking for boots because wider toe.
Chisel toe lasts:
  • Simpson 8.5UK: good heel and instep fit. A little wide in the forefoot but acceptable.
  • Rain 8UK: a little big in the instep, but can use tongue pad if needed. OK for boots/derbies due to instep adjustment. Not recommended for oxford/wholecuts.
  • Rain D 8.5UK: better than Rain, but is a little big in the heel and instep compared to Simpson.
  • In the end, for chisel toe lasts I asked them to make me a hybrid last in 8.5UK with Rain D toe and forefoot, Simpson instep and heel. It's perfect.
As you can see I'm a true 8.5UK, but sometimes if the toebox is elongated and roomy enough, sometimes I can size down -0.5 to get the narrowness I need. As a narrow-footed guy you're probably already familiar with doing that.
19small.jpg

15small.jpg
17small.jpg

captoe1.jpg

jod1small.jpg

jod2small.jpg

Reaction score
Here are my round toe Carmina lasts:
  • Sineu 8.5UK: Perfect narrow heel, low instep, asymmetric toe. Looks better IRL than pictures IMO.
  • Robert 8UK: Is another long, low volume, round toe last that fits, but I've never ordered anything as Sineu is perfect for me. More symmetric toe.
  • Oscar 8UK: rumored to fit similar to Robert, but I've been unable to try it. Better looking for boots because wider toe.
Chisel toe lasts:
  • Simpson 8.5UK: good heel and instep fit. A little wide in the forefoot but acceptable.
  • Rain 8UK: a little big in the instep, but can use tongue pad if needed. OK for boots/derbies due to instep adjustment. Not recommended for oxford/wholecuts.
  • Rain D 8.5UK: better than Rain, but is a little big in the heel and instep compared to Simpson.
  • In the end, for chisel toe lasts I asked them to make me a hybrid last in 8.5UK with Rain D toe and forefoot, Simpson instep and heel. It's perfect.
As you can see I'm a true 8.5UK, but sometimes if the toebox is elongated and roomy enough, sometimes I can size down -0.5 to get the narrowness I need. As a narrow-footed guy you're probably already familiar with doing that.

Thanks for all of this, it's incredibly helpful. I might look into the Simpson last (Adelaide shoe looks lovely) to try out an OTR shoe. I'll take your advice into account when/if I catch one of their custom-fee MTO specials. I assume they don't do those too often.

Your shoes look great! And I'm heartened to see that there is at least some potential out there for narrow-footed guys beyond Allen Edmonds.

Off topic, but have you tried any of TLB Mallorca's offerings?

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Visited the Carmina stores in NYC. Service at the location near MetLife was phenomenal. Found out which lasts work for me and what doesn’t. Apparently I have to size up in Forest EEE but then it’s a great fit for me. Also size up in Oscar. But I’m TTS on Soller.

hollandn

Reaction score
Visited the Carmina stores in NYC. Service at the location near MetLife was phenomenal. Found out which lasts work for me and what doesn’t. Apparently I have to size up in Forest EEE but then it’s a great fit for me. Also size up in Oscar. But I’m TTS on Soller.
Good sizing info!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads