• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CMT1

Reaction score
Finally had the chance to wear the bourbon 80440 loafers out - We went to brunch at a friend's house who has been isolating for as long as we have, and it was great to finally get out of the house.

ITcDPMJ.jpg

evxWrjR.jpg

poWrlul.jpg

Pqv4fei.jpg

I couldn't possibly be happier with them.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, as always!

Phoenician

Reaction score
Finally had the chance to wear the bourbon 80440 loafers out - We went to brunch at a friend's house who has been isolating for as long as we have, and it was great to finally get out of the house.

ITcDPMJ.jpg

evxWrjR.jpg

poWrlul.jpg

Pqv4fei.jpg

your friend is thinking, “man, we finally have a chance to get together, and he just wants to sit outside and take pictures of his shoes!” ?

CMT1

Reaction score
your friend is thinking, “man, we finally have a chance to get together, and he just wants to sit outside and take pictures of his shoes!” ?

Haha, she actually loves me - I introduced her to Carmina's women's line and everything she's bought so far has blown her away, quality-wise, compared to the majority of the bullshit she's purchased over the past few years!

Phoenician

Reaction score
Haha, she actually loves me - I introduced her to Carmina's women's line and everything she's bought so far has blown her away, quality-wise, compared to the majority of the bullshit she's purchased over the past few years!

That’s good to hear you both won someone over to quality shoes, and exposed them to our neurosis simultaneously. must have been nice to get out. We’re having a shitshow of a time here in Arizona. I’d love to do more, but that pesky notion of being ventilated against my will makes me think I can wait. Doesn’t stop me from wearing all my boots while working from home, but my wife thinks I’m nuts

Phoenician

Reaction score
Anyone recall when Carmina puts their belts and accessories on sale, and has the shell belts been included in this? I’d love to get a couple, but 300 bucks for a belt is, well, on the road to another pair of shell boots.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello Carmina owners - does anyone here have the CORDOVAN BOOTS 80179 SOLLER in shell? I'm looking at their natural shell options and wanted to see if anyone had experience with this particular boot. Any insights and photos would be hugely appreciated!

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello Carmina owners - does anyone here have the CORDOVAN BOOTS 80179 SOLLER in shell? I'm looking at their natural shell options and wanted to see if anyone had experience with this particular boot. Any insights and photos would be hugely appreciated!

Here's my pair I sold a while back. Really think it needs a storm welt and no hooks but otherwise they're quite nice.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ITcDPMJ.jpg

evxWrjR.jpg

poWrlul.jpg

Pqv4fei.jpg

Man, these are just exceptional.

janimal06

Reaction score
Let us all know what you find out - being able to resole driving shoes would be fantastic!

Was wondering about this as well. Right now the only thing stopping me from ordering a pair is that I want to verify that the shoe can be resoled, and a better idea of what the color looks like in natural light, etc.

I hit one of the pics with a shadow/highlight filter to see what it might look like with less hard contrast from what I believe to be the bounce flash used for the product pics, and I dig it.

Jdw2UUD.jpg

Then, of course, is the question of sizing on the Marivent last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads