• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By far the most of all the Carmina last I own. Example rain slip on boot will kill me for several wears until it gives in for my high instep. the day up put on my Buger Chelsea boot they fit as if molded to my foot. I have been wearing them a lot and no heel slip, good fit, no issues with my high instep from day one.
Got yeah make sense, I have opposite instep vs you. Meaning very low instep & lot of carmina last is not very good fit. So figured to ask you & came to conclusion that burger last will not be a good fit for some one with average to low instep.

Vinsep

Reaction score
By far the most of all the Carmina last I own. Example rain slip on boot will kill me for several wears until it gives in for my high instep. the day up put on my Buger Chelsea boot they fit as if molded to my foot. I have been wearing them a lot and no heel slip, good fit, no issues with my high instep from day one.
That actually sounds like something that would fit me. I probably should send Richard an email asking whether they have boots built on the same last in New York. One additional question, what Carmina lasts do you own?

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That actually sounds like something that would fit me. I probably should send Richard an email asking whether they have boots built on the same last in New York. One additional question, what Carmina lasts do you own?

Inca, Buger, Rain.

A few pages back I wrote up a comp on these lasts is there a way I can put a link in this post to take someone back exactly to a previous post?

insy

Reaction score
Buger is completely different than Rain. As Carmina confirmed to me, Buger has close to the same instep as Simpson, but is just longer and wider. I own Buger and tried pretty much every Carmina last as well as G&G and CS. I have a low instep and narrow heel and Buger fits sort of good around my instep but the heel is a bit too wide for me. I prefer Forest and Oscar to Buger but at the same time there is no way I could ever wear Detroit or Rain. Perhaps just in the first couple of days before the shoes start to break in and Rain as well as Detroit become tanks to swim in.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buger is completely different than Rain. As Carmina confirmed to me, Buger has close to the same instep as Simpson, but is just longer and wider. I own Buger and tried pretty much every Carmina last as well as G&G and CS. I have a low instep and narrow heel and Buger fits sort of good around my instep but the heel is a bit too wide for me. I prefer Forest and Oscar to Buger but at the same time there is no way I could ever wear Detroit or Rain. Perhaps just in the first couple of days before the shoes start to break in and Rain as well as Detroit become tanks to swim in.

did you try a size down on the Buger? What happens then?

insy

Reaction score
did you try a size down on the Buger? What happens then?

The length is fine and exactly what I need. Betty said Buger is sort of similar to Simpson but longer and more comfortable. However, Simpson fits me better in the heel in the same size as Buger but is slightly too short. If I sized down with Buger I think it would be too short. But perhaps it's just me, as I cannot size down in Llubi or Detroit either, while most seem to do so.

Vinsep

Reaction score

Could you comment on the difference between the forest, the Robert, and the Inca last? They all look similar to me.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, without searching can someone let me know size 8UK in Buger last will be comparable to same size in Inca and Forest?

thanks

Decreased

Reaction score
The length is fine and exactly what I need. Betty said Buger is sort of similar to Simpson but longer and more comfortable. However, Simpson fits me better in the heel in the same size as Buger but is slightly too short. If I sized down with Buger I think it would be too short. But perhaps it's just me, as I cannot size down in Llubi or Detroit either, while most seem to do so.

I don't think it's just you, I have a low instep, low arch, narrow heeled foot that over pronates. I wear orthotics nearly full time. The online advice to size down for country style, or wide lasts, doesn't work due to foot length. I end up with a shoe too short and too wide.

I have inca in a 9, that just fits comfortably (maybe a fraction short, but on the verge of a loose heel). There is no way I could imagine a shoe that was even a millimetre shorter being comfortable, just the way our flatter feet work I guess!

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
First Carmina purchase and love the boot. I talked to NY office representative and said that the last was not listed but the model was Cordovan Turning C-115 HC Suela. Any idea what last this could be?

IMG_0390.JPG

freshstyle

Reaction score
Are shoe trees still free for rtw shoes shipped to USA bought from Carmina USA website?

Adding them adds $70 to order. Past posts mentioned free shoe trees if shipped to USA.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are shoe trees still free for rtw shoes shipped to USA bought from Carmina USA website?

Adding them adds $70 to order. Past posts mentioned free shoe trees if shipped to USA.

Hmm I wonder as it use to say free shoe trees on the main page and it no longer does. I wonder now that there is a store in NYC maybe they have stopped the free shoetrees?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads