• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calikid

Reaction score
New carmina's resoled....

sorry for crappy iphone pic

Beautiful. Details on the boot and resole?
Thanks...

80184A on Carmina website... The shell on these are amazing.... I ordered from Betty
Nick at B. Nelson resoled them... JR water-loc soles, antique edging, white stitching on top
I think they turned out pretty cool... more casual than with original sole and edging but I am really happy with them....

Last edited:

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just a quick bug report for my fellow Swede, the Boots tag leads to http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/taxonomy/term/18, the 18 should be 15 instead.
I'll probably drop into your store next time I'm in the capital.

There are other boots on the site, it is just that the link for boots goes to the monks so you just have to manually poke around.

You are correct, I just took a closer look. Seems like there is a separate system for the tags at the bottom of the page. It's still something I'd try to get fixed. Being directed to the wrong page can be a real browsing killjoy.

Thanks for the bug reports, fixed it.

kayjaybee

Reaction score
@Leaves - saw the new additions to the website today...absolutely love the model/last combinations! The punched cap on the Alcudia last is brilliant. I have the same style on the Simpson last but I think the Alcudia last is a bit more classic. I also love the semi brogue on the Armoury last. Can't wait to see future additions!

I'm trying to stop buying but you're making it VERY hard!
smile.gif

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there has never been a better time to buy shoes like today. seriously. compared to 2 years ago, there are so many more options. sucks

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a great service. They are going to be in business for a while me thinks.
Yeah I was thinking an open laced boot on full rubber sole. Captoe maybe? Cognac shell?

Captoe cognac shell on dainite sole let's do it

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New carmina's resoled....

sorry for crappy iphone pic

ok so i am confused, you bought a brand new carmina shell cordovan boot and immediately re-soled it? if so why would you do this? i am not trying to be rude, honestly i dont understand. Unless this is a re-sole after lots of wear

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed with Betty in the past two days regarding a black oxford cap toe in calf on the Simpson last and the Uetam last loafers known from the Armoury.
While the later was 295€ last time I asked a few weeks/months ago, they are now 465€ and the black calf, which I expected to be mid-high 300ish, is 510€, **** my life.
I honestly ask myself who is able to afford these prices, not everybody on SF earns six or seven figures a year.
Those who do will probably go for GG, EG, JL, Vass or even bespoke.
Also I believe most people of today who are into style are looking for information on the internet/SF, so what niche are they aiming for? :(

Last edited:

Merlino

Reaction score
Maybe you got quoted prices for shell cordovan shoes? I was just checking out their (Carmina's) website which state prices of 510-575 EUR for all shell cordovan and 310-340 for calfskin.

sinfjotli

Reaction score
I emailed with Betty in the past two days regarding a black oxford cap toe in calf on the Simpson last and the Uetam last loafers known from the Armoury.
While the later was 295€ last time I asked a few weeks/months ago, they are now 465€ and the black calf, which I expected to be mid-high 300ish, is 510€, **** my life.
I honestly ask myself who is able to afford these prices, not everybody on SF earns six or seven figures a year.
Those who do will probably go for GG, EG, JL, Vass or even bespoke.
Also I believe most people of today who are into style are looking for information on the internet/SF, so what niche are they aiming for?
frown.gif
Are you sure those prices don't include the MTO surcharge? I am not sure the models you asked for are their standard models. The web-store prices are still within what I would call very reasonable for what you are getting. 500 EUR for a calf model is indeed very steep (you are in the CJ handgrade territory), but still pretty far from EG or JL prices.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoke to Betty again, she indeed included the 50% MTO fee.
So the Uetam last loafers are 310€ and the calf cap toes on Simpson are 340€ if they have your size in stock.
Those do sound a lot more reasonable.
Now, if only they would stock my size.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix