• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can't make a tie dimple?

either/or

Reaction score
@jimmyM80: methinks you're adressing the wrong segment of the dimple-market.

either/or

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Do not click that god awful link. I had to crash my browser just to escape the damn page. Whoever programmed that page needs to die by being turned inside out starting with the urethra.
IIRC I think you need a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity:

either/or

Reaction score
Originally Posted by either/or
@jimmyM80: methinks you're adressing the wrong segment of the dimple-market.
Originally Posted by JimmyM80
what would you recommend?

-guilty as charged!
spam[1].gif
devil.gif

answer: anywhere but here.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by either/or
-guilty as charged!
spam[1].gif
devil.gif

answer: anywhere but here.

Yup. The gents here enjoy the ritual just as much as the results.

JimmyM80

Reaction score
If you scroll to the bottom of this page there are links to 5 other threads regarding getting a dimple in a tie. When searching for patents, there are no less than 6 products patented to assist in the creation of a dimple, some going back as far as 1939. Obviously I am not the only one who has struggled to consistently get a dimple. If you can get it on your own, great, the product isn't for everyone. However, for the rest of us who want a perfectly formed dimple and struggle to get one consistently, there is a product like the dimple clip that's just going to make it that much easier.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you scroll to the bottom of this page there are links to 5 other threads regarding getting a dimple in a tie. When searching for patents, there are no less than 6 products patented to assist in the creation of a dimple, some going back as far as 1939. Obviously I am not the only one who has struggled to consistently get a dimple. If you can get it on your own, great, the product isn't for everyone. However, for the rest of us who want a perfectly formed dimple and struggle to get one consistently, there is a product like the dimple clip that's just going to make it that much easier.

I'm not hating on your product, I'm hating on that website that tries to force you into not leaving. If I was ever going to potentially be a customer down the road, getting harangued by dialog boxes would shoot any possibility right out the window. Only desperate Appreciation sites pull that BS.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I'm not hating on your product, I'm hating on that website that tries to force you into not leaving. If I was ever going to potentially be a customer down the road, getting harangued by dialog boxes would shoot any possibility right out the window. Only desperate Appreciation sites pull that BS.

Agreed.

If you want your business taken seriously, treat customers with respect. Nobody wants to be inundated with that sort of stuff.

krawlx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Dressing well is about the process. It's about learning and overcoming difficulties. It's about doing it the only correct way, which is how our grandfathers did it. Dressing well is about working with what you have, achieving the best result and being responsible for the failures and victories. Above all, dressing well is about teaching yourself discipline, neatness, skill and attention to details. Therefore, I do not approve of the tie dimpler. I'd rather re-do my ties 20 times, but do it with my own hands and be proud of the result.

Eloquently stated.

either/or

Reaction score
If you scroll to the bottom of this page there are links to 5 other threads regarding getting a dimple in a tie.

clip-on-necktie.jpg

CLIP_Satin_Bow_Purple2.JPG

Mr. White

Reaction score
I guess I been doing it wrong all these years...with my middle finger. Shames me into getting a device to insert into my woman's adzhole too.

Great threak. Would post in it again.

JimmyM80

Reaction score
Although the majority of people who posted on this thread were negative. We did see a remarkable increase in traffic and resulting sales. Guess there really is no such thing as bad publicity. As a special thanks to StyleForum readers only, here is a coupon for 25% off the purchase of Dimple Clips. http://dimpleclip.com/coupon

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just as wrong as the self-parking Lexus.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads