• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When people have absurd requests for me, they get exponentially absurd responses from me. I'm tired of nonsense.
(as always, read from bottom up).
$7 for shipping a pair of shoes was apparently too expensive. Also, these are for shoes listed for only $30:

New message from: hello43211 (132 Turquoise Star )
I bought s similar shoes a few minutes ago so am not interest

Your previous message​
Will you pick up that mushroom pizza you delivered?​

Would you repair these soles with sole protective covers because of their very used condition?​

Your previous message​
But I ordered a large pepperoni pizza and you delivered one with mushrooms.​

I am not asking for paper wrapping of each of shoes but instead to have new sole covers, which are done are at the shoe store with black hard rubber soles added to the outside of shoe. I will pay you the full asking price if you have added these sole covers to these very used soles.​

Your previous message​
I can absolutely wrap each shoe individually in a paper shipping wrap before mailing.

As far as shipping, I just changed it to Standard parcel post. Did that lower the cost for you? I was thinking it will only be $1 cheaper than Priority but maybe it's more than that.​

Hello. Could you please standard mail this item for @$7 instead of priority mail?Also, the soles are very worn so could you put new sole protective covers on these shoes before mailing them to me? If yes, I will immediately pay you on PayPal. Thanks, CK​

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When people have absurd requests for me, they get exponentially absurd responses from me. I'm tired of nonsense.
$7 for shipping a pair of shoes was apparently too expensive. Also, these are for shoes listed for only $30:

Your previous message​

Would you repair these soles with sole protective covers because of their very used condition?​

Your previous message​

I am not asking for paper wrapping of each of shoes but instead to have new sole covers, which are done are at the shoe store with black hard rubber soles added to the outside of shoe. I will pay you the full asking price if you have added these sole covers to these very used soles.​

Your previous message​
I can absolutely wrap each shoe individually in a paper shipping wrap before mailing.

As far as shipping, I just changed it to Standard parcel post. Did that lower the cost for you? I was thinking it will only be $1 cheaper than Priority but maybe it's more than that.​

Hello. Could you please standard mail this item for @$7 instead of priority mail?Also, the soles are very worn so could you put new sole protective covers on these shoes before mailing them to me? If yes, I will immediately pay you on PayPal. Thanks, CK​

That’s nucking futs... I used to respond that I don’t offer Standard USPS shipping because I couldn’t print the labels online and I’m not about to go wait in line at the Post Office. Now I just ignore.

Why would anyone think you would improve the shoes over how they were listed?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your previous message​

Your previous message​

Your previous message​

Sooooo..... did you ever get the correct pizza?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is he going to prove that?

No idea, but it seems somehow he did as the case has moved to the next step and he has been asked to return the item to me pending a refund.

This decision by PayPal is apparently "awaiting buyer's response".

Honestly I'm at a loss; what was the positive feedback he left me for? His SNAD claim is, and I quote, that "The shoulders on the jacket are not matching". WTF?!

I'm near to breaking point with PayPal/eBay right now.

div25sec9

Reaction score
No idea, but it seems somehow he did as the case has moved to the next step and he has been asked to return the item to me pending a refund.

This decision by PayPal is apparently "awaiting buyer's response".

Honestly I'm at a loss; what was the positive feedback he left me for? His SNAD claim is, and I quote, that "The shoulders on the jacket are not matching". WTF?!

I'm not at all surprised, I had a similar case. For these vendors, they feel returns are "just an expected cost of doing business", so they will side with the customer. If word spreads that customers get stuck with items they don't like, it's bad for them; on the other hand, if word spreads that businesses will have to take some returns that might not be justified; its not going to amount to much.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My favorite thing about this thread is sharing idiotic questions. How should I respond? :brick:

0C17CDDF-B6AE-4191-8886-C93B8402D7B8.png

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had an ebayer ask for shoulder measurement "in the back". He is a repeat customer so I am indulging him. I asked exactly where he wanted the measurement taken. He answered "in the back".

So I sent a picture along with 3 different measurements.

065.jpg

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prospective customer who asks for shoulder measurements is rarely a buyer. In my experience answering that question leads to a sale less than 10% of the time.
I have naturally sloping shoulders and, since an accident, a dropped right shoulder that also drops forward. Shoulder fit is a big issue for me and, as Fueco said, it varies hugely between manufacturers. If people like me ask that question then, yes, not all of them will buy, because your item won't fit. But none of them will buy if you don't answer, and 10% is better than 0%.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads