• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is called or its purpose (if any) on this Robert Geller shirt?

s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

FPB

Reaction score
Sold a very expensive coat recently and I'm not sure if USPS lost it or what. No tracking updates in 10 days:
In Transit to Next Facility
2019-01-02, 00:00:00
I haven't heard from the buyer though so I'm not sure what to do. Thoughts?

Reaction score

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
Sold a very expensive coat recently and I'm not sure if USPS lost it or what. No tracking updates in 10 days:

The first thought that springs to mind is that he will blame you for the delay, because you control USPS.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

First in my mind, don't mention it. Let him bring it up. If you reach out and indicate that the tracking never updated, but he's already somehow received it without a scan...he may be tempted to claim he never received it. Not a big deal if it's insured....but if not, you're screwed.

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score

Seriously though, you did try to call USPS, right? I wonder if sometimes their tracking system lags behind scans, or if you're tracking through a third party freight service, sometimes the systems don't talk to each other ...

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's my listing :). East Dane calls it an "embroidered bar." It's just Geller's branding-- it can be found on most of his shirts. It's on the flannel I'm selling too, for example.
Thanks. I thrifted a Geller shirt with it the other day, didn't notice it at the time. When I saw it today, at first I thought it was repair, but then I check some eBay listings and saw it was a thing his shirts. Just wanted to know if it had a name so I could point it out in my listing.

As an aside, I really shouldn't be adding to my death pile, though I have made a pretty good dent in it this last month.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This happened to me, stuck in a facility for about a week. The seller contacted me about it and I told him I'd talk to USPS. Went to my local post office and they ran an internal check on it. If I recall correctly, they had a tiny bit of extra info but nothing of relevance. The postman said it may have fallen from a cart and ended up behind something.

I can't remember if it got to where they did a search for it at the facility it was last seen, but it turned up a few days later and eventually got to the buyer.

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
First in my mind, don't mention it. Let him bring it up. If you reach out and indicate that the tracking never updated, but he's already somehow received it without a scan...he may be tempted to claim he never received it. Not a big deal if it's insured....but if not, you're screwed.

Yes agreed. Unless i have a vibe e.g. if he has purchased from me before and was very straight with me, in that case i would probably just mention it. Otherwise you can try to contact the provider and see what is going on, perhaps you can sort it out yourself.

R456

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

Long time reader here. I need help. I made a $180 offer on a Filson Travel Kit made in Horween Cigar. The seller reached out to me and said please pay him direct via PayPal and he would ship out immediately. He stated these items are from his wedding gone bad and were best man gifts or something to that effect. I paid him on December 28, 2018, he immediately stops communication. I was not rude, I simply asked for a tracking number. Fast forward to Jan 9th and I filed a Paypal claim, waited 24 hours for him to respond and he emails me this message:

"Hey XXXX!
I've had to leave town for a business trip, right after getting back from holiday travels.
I had my brother go and grab this from my place, and box it up. Let me circle back around with you after I find out if he's properly dispatched them.
I responded to your last email but I can't find that or my response on my server. So sorry that this slipped between the cracks a little!
Best,
Ryan Dean, Arlington VA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Filson-Travel-Kit-X-Horween-Cigar-Leather-/182734681203
-----------
Now, I waited another 24 hours for his response...nothing but crickets. So I escalated the PayPal claim.

Obviously this guy is a scam artist. Looking more closely at his auctions it appears he is probably a small time scam artist and needs light bill money.

Will I get my money back from PayPal? He has not responded to them nor me. I didn't waste my time emailing him asking for a tracking number a second time etc

Any advice?

covermysix ...is his seller name.

R456

Reaction score
I just spoke to PayPal and was told again that the seller has 9 more days to respond and then I will get a refund. I hope this is the case. I am hold with eBay.

R456

Reaction score
I was on hold with eBay but let them go...perhaps I should try tomorrow during normal hours.

Yes, the transaction was outside of eBay. He sent me a message to pay him directly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads