• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
It's a Facebook Marketplace transaction. It has definitely not hit my account. The buyer has had to launch a Paypal case to get her money back; I'm pretty sure it has been misdirected to some scumbag in the USA who has stolen my gmail address. I've seen this before, but it only ever resulted in misdirected incoming mail before.
If you buy in other currency's pp converts the money internally for you & ads a certain markup for its service. You see it immediately in your account. Customer also can pay in A$ , if you sent a A$ invoice, if paid in A$ you get an extra spot on the left : first your main currency, under other currency.

In my account,

$
C$
A$
HKD

Best

haloitsme

Reaction score
@capnwes
Maybe the customer doesn't know better. I have dealt with peaple stupid as bread... sometimes we stopped asking ourself about the stupidity ....
Anyways, I have experienced also : claims SNAD and never shipped back and got the money from PP.
I think you are better protected via eBay seller protection than pp seller rap Programm.
Best

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope! Nothin.

Call eBay and point this out to them. If they buyer never shipped the item back, they should not have issued a refund.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have just been advised by a buyer that she tried to make a Paypal payment in AUD and it forced her to make it in USD. She's sent me a screenshot of the confirmation, but the money has not hit my account.

I have a nasty feeling that Paypal may have opened up an account for a US client using my email address. Is that possible? What can I do about it?
Was it sent to the same email address as you normally use on your paypal account, or perhaps another email of yours? If so, you can use the second email address to sign in and then link the two addresses and the money payment will merge.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was it sent to the same email address as you normally use on your paypal account, or perhaps another email of yours? If so, you can use the second email address to sign in and then link the two addresses and the money payment will merge.
I had already linked two accounts beforehand, have signed in with both and the transaction is not there. I think she is on her own with this one, as I can't be certain that she didn't send it to a slightly different email address that happens to also be my name (which appeared on the confirmation screenshot)

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something just occurred to me. I went to Resolution Centre, and there are no cases open against me requiring a response. Since she said she opened a case yesterday, wouldn't that indicate that she used the wrong email address?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this Birdseye or Nailhead or something else? It is a close up of a Brioni suit.
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 11.51.13 AM.png

eaeden

Reaction score
Man, I’d give you $3 for that Attolini

This stands out to me as probably the strangest interaction I've ever had with a seller. This seller listed a Canadian Inuit print that's sold twice within the last 5 years at Waddington's, Canada's largest Inuit art auction. Because they're prints, they're identical. Both of the ones in the auction went for circa $1,300 CDN. Their eBay BINOBO price was $9,400 CDN. I sent the seller the very polite message at the bottom of the screen asking if there was room to negotiate given the past results. I think it's pretty clear that I say I'll offer MORE than $1,300. But I never actually made an offer. It just seemed from their tone like they weren't interested in negotiating.

View attachment 1101571

View attachment 1101570

Anyway, the seller's now consigned the piece to that same auction-house--Waddington's--where it's twice sold for $1,300-ish. I get to bid in Canadian dollars and not pay customs.

They sent me these odd messages tonight, and offered $2 on a mainline Attolini sportcoat I've listed, saying, "This is all this jacket's worth."

View attachment 1101572

BaronFizzwell

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Ebay is even a thing still, with the level of scammery that goes on. I've been scammed before, both as a buyer and a seller, but the latest thing has made me want to leave the platform for good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads