• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I accidentally sent out/accepted an offer, how do I cancel it?
Simply send another offer with your intended price. Each new offer you send overrides the previous offer.
If you didn't find what you're looking for, please contact us

Whoops, I think that is the buyers side, as a seller I guess you would do:

https://help DOT grailed DOT com/hc/en-us/articles/115003080214-How-do-I-refund-a-buyer-

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does First Class offer tracking on international shipping?

Also, while I don't necessarily recommend it, I've had 3 orders from grailed cancelled because the seller didn't realize I wasn't in the US
Obviously not the ideal approach when you're a seller, but I don't know if there are any repercussions

Whoops, I think that is the buyers side, as a seller I guess you would do:

https://help DOT grailed DOT com/hc/en-us/articles/115003080214-How-do-I-refund-a-buyer-

If there are no repercussions, I might just cancel the order and refund it. I feel like a bit of an asshole, but I tried explain my predicament, and it fell on deaf ears.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost a month ago, I sold a pair of Gucci shoes for $150 to a guy in Australia, who also paid $52 for shipping. He got them on Jan 2, and contacted me yesterday to say they don't fit (he thought they were UK size), and asked do I accept returns. I said I do accept returns, but I can't refund his shipping. Today I got his return request, in which he admits that he misread the size, but rather than automatically accepting the return as eBay usually does, they instructed me to contact the buyer to work out return postage costs. Has anyone seen this for an admitted buyer's remorse return? And do you think I'm opening myself up to trouble if I just reiterate that I can't pay his return shipping?

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there are no repercussions, I might just cancel the order and refund it. I feel like a bit of an asshole, but I tried explain my predicament, and it fell on deaf ears.
TBF, I didn't follow up after orders were cancelled
So not 100% sure if there are no repercussions, but given that it's happened to me on more than one occasion, I don't think anyone cares
You might be risking a negative feedback at worst

People are (for the most part) not assholes, so here's hoping dude accepts your reasoning

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Grailed, what’s the (real) reasoning behind them requiring you to get a “business” PayPal account?

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had already linked two accounts beforehand, have signed in with both and the transaction is not there. I think she is on her own with this one, as I can't be certain that she didn't send it to a slightly different email address that happens to also be my name (which appeared on the confirmation screenshot)
So I just had something similar happen. Buyer bought item, but I didn't receive payment (nothing in PayPal and showed as awaiting payment in eBay). As I mentioned above, I couldn't (eBay had no link) send an invoice. Called eBay, they said buyer sent payment to an old email address of mine (same username but @comcast.net instead of @gmail.com). Was able to sort it out with PayPal, and then item appeared as paid in eBay. PayPal told me eBay has my old email in their system and I have to ask them to purge it.

I think I know what happened. I typically reuse the same template from Garage sale for all my listings (in clothing). But this one was in a different category so I started from a blank entry. I didn't chose PayPal as my only accepted form of payment. I think that's where the old email crept back into the options the buyer was offered. That was the only thing different from all my other listings.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just had something similar happen. Buyer bought item, but I didn't receive payment (nothing in PayPal and showed as awaiting payment in eBay). As I mentioned above, I couldn't (eBay had no link) send an invoice. Called eBay, they said buyer sent payment to an old email address of mine (same username but @comcast.net instead of @gmail.com). Was able to sort it out with PayPal, and then item appeared as paid in eBay. PayPal told me eBay has my old email in their system and I have to ask them to purge it.

I think I know what happened. I typically reuse the same template from Garage sale for all my listings (in clothing). But this one was in a different category so I started from a blank entry. I didn't chose PayPal as my only accepted form of payment. I think that's where the old email crept back into the options the buyer was offered. That was the only thing different from all my other listings.
It's beyond doubt that she keyed in the wrong email address. Worse, I gave her the wrong address, with a typo in my payment instructions. My (very) bad. I've told her I will make good her loss if Paypal declines her case.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does First Class offer tracking on international shipping?

Also, while I don't necessarily recommend it, I've had 3 orders from grailed cancelled because the seller didn't realize I wasn't in the US
Obviously not the ideal approach when you're a seller, but I don't know if there are any repercussions
USPS First Class Int'l does indeed offer tracking. The terms state that the tracking number only works until it hits the destination country's system but I believe that's not actually the case for "Delcon" countries. I've been on the receiving end of plenty of them and they've all been treated as Canada Post Xpresspost once they clear customs.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most frustrating day on Ebay.

My account got restricted for 30 days without a good reason. I signed up for the free trial of webinterpret which lists your listings on .uk and .au sites and translates them for you. I had 2 listings pulled down for some RayBan Scuderia Ferrari sunglasses and the message said from the .uk site. I called ebay yesterday and the dumb lady couldnt explain much and said it was a trademark violation and I asked if it was just .uk and could i list in US and she said yes. So I relisted last night and they got pulled again and I got a 30 day restriction. The restriction department is supposed to call me back later to discuss but they all agreed with me that under US law i can list whatever I want and it's not a trademark violation, is that law different in the UK?

Anyone have any advice on how to get the restriction lifted?

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^must be nice to have reasonably priced international shipping. If we want anything with tracking, it has to be Xpresspost. bleh.
Tracked Packet Int'l works for those Delcon countries for anything under 1kg but yeah, ship anything over 1kg to an international destination with Canada Post and you're screwed.

haloitsme

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads