• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I still think this message is hilarious, but this guy has been the best buyer I've transacted with in five years of selling things. He's now a solid repeat buyer and has left glowing feedback and a warm email to me. (wes I sent him your way, figured a college student needs all the help he can get)

I would hook someone up like that in a heartbeat.

Lirum

Reaction score
It's been mentioned in this thread before, but I forgot to write down so I'm asking again: when is the best time to call ebay? I received my first negative and I'm almost certain the buyer is lying/missing something or the Paypal system is at fault. Thanks in advance.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anytime since they have a "Call me" feature. Just hit the button and the next available rep will call ya.

Lirum

Reaction score
Anytime since they have a "Call me" feature. Just hit the button and the next available rep will call ya.

I got that, but I vaguely remember there being talk about calling at certain times to talk with reps stateside or international and which were generally better. I could be wrong though.

marc roberto

Reaction score
It's been mentioned in this thread before, but I forgot to write down so I'm asking again: when is the best time to call ebay? I received my first negative and I'm almost certain the buyer is lying/missing something or the Paypal system is at fault. Thanks in advance.

I found late afternoon like 3-4:00 to be the best.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but about 5% of the time, USPS Priority Mail domestic can be unreliable with providing tracking information. I.E. Packages enter the physical mailstream, but don't get entered into the computer system until days later.

This happened to me about two months ago. I thought they had gone missing. See here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/...ricks-problems-questions/1650_50#post_5993445

And then just the other day, a package was checked in first the first time several HUNDRED MILES from the origin post office that I dropped it off at.

This is a major gap in the USPS system for consumers. If a package doesn't get entered into the computer, and then gets truly misplaced along the way, you're screwed.

@hkfan and I nearly had a heart attack until today, when it finally showed up

I'm considering requiring Fedex for all my packages now, but don't think people will want to pay the hefty fees.

The two choices are basically: 1). Govt-subsidized priority mail, which can have ****** tracking and poor customer service (relative to private carriers); or 2). More expensive private carriers like Fedex

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mannequin Skywalker in the hizzouseee!!!

This is all with just natural light. I could have had better lighting if I had taken pictures a few hours earlier. I think this should do nicely!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah the dining room and living room have good light in the afternoon, but the walls aren't good and there's a pane a few feet up that separates the wall into two different colors. That's probably going to be distracting coupled with the cracks in the paint.

I might try that if I absolutely need to, but this should work fine even though I'll need to be up earlier I'd like to take advantage of the light.

The surface the mannequin is on should also work for shoes and ties since the background isn't distracting.

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

futuremyth

Reaction score
I have a small favour to ask, I changed a bunch of stuff around in Garagesale yesterday and am worried I may have screwed up my US and int'l buyers' ability to purchase things from me, as I got an odd eBay message this morning from a woman in Georgia, saying she couldn't purchase from me because of her address. Would a US buyer mind helping me test a couple of things? PM if you would, and thanks!

SCoNE

Reaction score
Are there any under appreciated shirt-makers on eBay that are worth keeping an eye on? I'm thinking like Ede & Ravenscroft, for instance; they don't show up often, so people don't know to look.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
odd thing happened. sent out a package (tie) to a paypal verified address (printed via USPS.com, scheduled pickup, etc.).

this saturday it arrived back at my doorstep. no "return to sender" stamp. reached out to buyer to confirm address and he said what i had was correct. i guess ill resend but it was strange that i received no notification from USPS other than the initial package pickup email.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads