• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any idea on how to get more traction to this listing? It’s gotten 4 views total. IMO, is an awesome pair of slippers

vestbash

Reaction score

Any idea on how to get more traction to this listing? It’s gotten 4 views total. IMO, is an awesome pair of slippers

I would recommend adding the word "shoes" to your title. If you search for Alexander mcqueen shoes within the men's dress shoe category, your listing is not returned as a result. I would also fill out every recommended item specific as best you can. That will help drive more impressions to your listings because your slippers will a more frequent search result and/or rank higher in search results.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend adding the word "shoes" to your title. If you search for Alexander mcqueen shoes within the men's dress shoe category, your listing is not returned as a result. I would also fill out every recommended item specific as best you can. That will help drive more impressions to your listings because your slippers will a more frequent search result and/or rank higher in search results.
Thanks. Added that in there.

goatamous II

Reaction score
The other thing I would add is to not worry too much about views. You're selling a high priced item, so the majority of shoppers on ebay will keep scrolling based on that.
If you're not in a hurry to sell, just let time take it's course and wait for the right buyer to come along.
You could investigate other platforms (Poshmark, Grailed, TRR, etc) if you'd like to cross post as well.

FPB

Reaction score
Well, I was wondering when the other shoe was going to drop: check out this note I just received from eBay about an international sale being returned for fit.
View attachment 2058637
"YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE ITEM BACK". Well FFS, where TF is it going? Linda? Just as well it wasn't a $1000 item!! A self-serving crock of sh1t from eBay, as usual. Caveat vendor!!

I'm very curious/concerned what happens with returns like this. I have a couple of items that I shipped internationally, which are in transit right now. What if the buyer claims SNAD?

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I'm very curious/concerned what happens with returns like this. I have a couple of items that I shipped internationally, which are in transit right now. What if the buyer claims SNAD?
Well, as @capnwes said in a phone conversation, at least I got to keep the money on this one. So there's that. For SNAD, I am not sure. Haven't had one yet, but no doubt eventually will. My understanding is that certain items (from eBay's brand list and over $200) go back via authentication to make sure there's no returning of fakes. But I for sure do not trust eBay's "authenticators", as they rejected an authentic Burberry suit by HF as SNAD, despite being authentic, and did not tell me why. Weird all around . . .

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this one in eBay’s current climate?

This tie was delivered 31 days ago, and was clearly shown and described as wrinkled (with no language about the permanence or fixability of said wrinkles). Buyer sent the following message today.

IMG_3484.jpeg

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This tie was delivered 31 days ago, and was clearly shown and described as wrinkled (with no language about the permanence or fixability of said wrinkles). Buyer sent the following message today.

View attachment 2063267
Honestly, I’d just accept it. It’s such a pain in the butt. But, eBay isn’t friendly to sellers. Only time I didn’t accept a return is when a lady busted my balls measuring something, accepted the measurements after I reconfirmed & then said it was too small.

FPB

Reaction score
Any thought on this seller? These listings seem too good to be true. Seller just listed a TON of watches with low BIN prices. The catch is that you have to go to an outside link to do the transaction (red flag). That said, the seller has perfect feedback for almost 20 years. Seller is called allsortts, here is a listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276152177239?hash=item404bf3d257:g:FtoAAOSwnkFlLbUG

Edit: All of his/her listings got nuked.

Last edited:

eddyroxx

Reaction score
I saw he listed some vicuna scarves, and I feel like i've seen some of those pictures in other listings before.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2063267

@capnwes Any thoughts on this? It appears that eBay still has a thirty day window for opening SNAD cases.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big red flag. Guy wants to use the audience and exposure of Ebay, but then is already violating Ebay terms by trying to finish the transaction elsewhere. Steer clear.
Yeah, I hate eBay fees as much as everyone else. But, if it’s done on eBay, I finish it on eBay. Now, if someone on sf saw my eBay & wanted to handle it off eBay, (messaged here), I’m not complaining & id give them a lower rate.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Any thought on this seller? These listings seem too good to be true. Seller just listed a TON of watches with low BIN prices. The catch is that you have to go to an outside link to do the transaction (red flag). That said, the seller has perfect feedback for almost 20 years. Seller is called allsortts, here is a listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/276152177239?hash=item404bf3d257:g:FtoAAOSwnkFlLbUG

Edit: All of his/her listings got nuked.
very likely hacked/bought account.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads