• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wider is always the forefoot. Narrower size is the heel.
Merci.....BTW, it was your review that sent me to Fabric Reweavers

Still, back on the Alden. At least a half size off.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I get a defect for having done everything correctly, and the buyer is the one who screwed up, I am going to be incredibly irate.
I called to try to get mine removed and was told "that's what the 2% is for"......I even escalated.

Ultimately I quit fighting because it was prior to the date that will count against me in the august eval. They wouldn't budge on it though.

I would call them right away and ask them to verify that you won't get a defect from this case.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called to try to get mine removed and was told "that's what the 2% is for"......I even escalated.

Ultimately I quit fighting because it was prior to the date that will count against me in the august eval. They wouldn't budge on it though.

I would call them right away and ask them to verify that you won't get a defect from this case.

I called them this morning and talked to a rep - he said "yep we see all the info/tracking, I'll transfer you to escalate it and it will be resolved in your favor and the defect removed"...then the defect guy told me the same, but that I had to wait 4 business days first, so to call back on the 14th. Both assured me it would be decided in my favor, and the case resolved as well as the defect removed. Noice.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: To follow up on this....

I replied:
He then replied:
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Brian!

I wish the guy that left me a neutral recently had contacted me. I'm fairly certain that he thought the shirt wasn't by the manufacturer I stated (Reyn Spooner), but I knew based on the tags and having sold a NWT one a few months ago.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I touched on this a bit but I wanted to say again, Amazon FBA is pretty cool. It's super easy and because I visit thrift stores all the time anyway, I thought I'd look for things to send to Amazon Fulfillment by Amazon. While you can do both used and new, I prefer to deal with less hassle and just go with only new items. It's literally just sending items to Amazon once you have a sellers account. You can choose to have them label and package everything for a small fee, or do it yourself. Most new items don't need packaging.

I mention this because I was able to find 44 Filtrete filters at a Goodwill recently. They cost 2 dollars each, and according to an app called Profit Bandit, I'll make a profit of 12 dollars each after fees and such. I also sent in some old college text books of me and my girlfriends and grabbed a small profit off that.

Profit Bandit is an app that costs 15 dollars but is extremely useful. It says you need an Amazon Pro Sellers account (40 bucks a month) but if you just email their customer support they'll set you up so you don't need it. You scan a barcode and it'll pull up the current prices. It gives you the sales rank (the higher the faster the item sells), fees, and your projected profit. Very useful App for this sort of thing.

I just mention this because we're all in the business of making money and many of us frequent thrift stores quite often. I know a lot of the thrift stores get old overstock from stores. It may be worth checking to see if they'll sell on Amazon. Very easy and hassle-free way of selling.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...one thing (among several) I passed on today was a Burberry true Prorsum tie - only the 2nd real Prorsum item I've ever seen IRL. It was 100% linen, NWT, and the "hearts" theme. Retail $300, the store knew what it was (tags still on it) and marked it at $90, BUT they fricking wrote in silver sharpie all over the back side - some stock # or something. Prorsum hearts was last season, and with the silver sharpie, I think it was a good pass if intending to flip...but maybe not?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I called them this morning and talked to a rep - he said "yep we see all the info/tracking, I'll transfer you to escalate it and it will be resolved in your favor and the defect removed"...then the defect guy told me the same, but that I had to wait 4 business days first, so to call back on the 14th. Both assured me it would be decided in my favor, and the case resolved as well as the defect removed. Noice.
great!

the three people I escalated to refused to do it and claimed it cannot be removed.

you're giving me hope.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys.....in over half the shoes I sell, I replace the laces.

I've been buying the Kiwi's (round waxed and unwaxed) at walmart at 2 pair for $2.50.

I need some for 3 eyelet shoes and best price I've seen locally is $4 per pair. That's not expensive, until you realize that for most shoes, I'm paying $3.39 for the shoes.

Was at the cobbler yesterday getting some meltonian ($3.00 vs $5.00 online?) and he had a tree with loose shoe laces, again, $4/pair. Most of the laces in packages were mitchellace brand but he wouldn't tell me the brand on the loose ones, which seemed better made than the mitchellace.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Do I know what I'm talking about? I've spent a couple hours googling different combinations without luck so far.

Do you know of a source that's reasonable for laces?

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads