Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. cdgreg

cdgreg Senior member

I do something similar, and once I run out of materials I'll do it right in the sense of saving myself time and not abusing postal materials. Currently, I'm folding the tie in half once, then in thirds and putting it in a 6x9 bag, the bag then goes into a USPS Small flat rate box. The box gets one piece of tape for extra support. From there, I cut a 14.5x19" tyvek back right down the seams so I have a flat piece of tyvek to wrap the box like a Christmas gift. It folds perfectly. I had originally bought 100 of these 14.5x19's for suits, but I find it much more effective doing individual parts into 12x15.5 so I really don't use them other than for the very rare super thick jacket. Once I'm out of the 14.5x19's I'll buy the uline 6x3x3 boxes, and do the same but without wrapping the outside. Tie into 6x9, 6x9 into uline box. Tape box, attach label, off it goes.

[​IMG]

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

NMLC started writing in silver sharpie about a year ago. So annoying.

3. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

cool. and you'll probably pay the same for the new boxes as you had to pay for those tyvex, which aint cheep.

i bought boxes that are heavier than the ones you're looking at and a tie is now about 5.5oz....or about $2.26 to ship them. Still throwing in $.50 a box, its still about half the price of a sfr.

4. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

That moment you get an offer for 225 for an item you listed for 300 and accept it because you just woke up and aren't thinking straight.

Oh well. I was hoping for 250, but I am quite content with this!

Now I just hope he pays.

Yay he paid!

Last edited: May 11, 2014

6. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

Hey guys. I need a little assistance. Guy buys a Brioni coat from me at significantly less what I was asking and then out of the blue opens a SNAD case.

His claim:
    "Received Jacket, it's in good condition but it is much too small. I wear size 40R, this jacket was advertised as 41R, but it's closer to 38S"

The listing:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=331173761163

What are my steps to the best outcome. As you can see in the listing I have a picture of Brioni's tag listing the size 41/51. I also posted accurate measurements. Thanks for the help guys.

7. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Try to fight it based on your listed measurements. But I think you might be hosed. That looks like a 38R to me, not knowing how you measured the sleeves.

8. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

You can win that case easily. As spoo has stated many times over -the measurements are a guideline in place for those who want to use them, the tagged size is the truth"

You clearly have the tagged size in the title, tagged size in the pictures, and in the item specifics...It is then up to the buyer to know his size in each brand.

You need to call a rep at eBay and have them see why your listing is accurate, and not a SNAD case...rather buyers remorse.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No..

Yes….

:)

10. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

I tried to list a Burberry's made in US, DB suit. Nothing exceptional about it (fused construction, etc.). Ebay gave me this warning message:

[​IMG]

Picture of the tags:
    [​IMG]

I know that Burberry has a lower quality line, and this would probably be it. Should I go ahead and list it anyway? The message sounds scary, and I'm a new-ish seller.

Thanks!

11. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Is it real, yes, then you have no problem at all. Its just older VTG style but is still a Burberry item.

12. SpooPoker

that message pops up for all Vero items, nothing of concern, as long as its real.

13. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Ditto that. Only thing I've noticed is scheduled Burberry items can have a delayed start but you still get the full listing time.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Is anyone on here 'thetwobirds' on ebay?

15. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

Thanks, guys. I got it at a thrift store (obv), so it's not like I have authenticity of proof (or is that the other way around? [​IMG]) but it looks to be a standard, vintage, lower line Burberry suit (ventless jacket, etc). Are there any tell-tale signs that I should look for?