1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Need some help with the USPS website (I’m a noob). I need to ship a pair of shoes from the US to Canada, weight is 2 lb 6.9 oz, I’m using my own box. I’m checking the USPS website but I’m lost. Can I ship via Priority Mail? Will I get tracking in the US and in Canada? I want to be safe but don’t want to charge exorbitant shipping fees.

2. DanM

DanM Senior member

I'll probably start testing the waters over there next week. Tons of inventory right now, doesn't hurt to have multiple sales outlets.

3. DanM

DanM Senior member

^with that in mind, has anyone done much selling over there? How do prices compare to ebay?

4. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Also interested in an answer about that ^^ I'm looking at other possibilities right now cuz of all the shit eBay (will) put us through.

IMO the other alternatives could be better for grail items? Not the typical ebay fodder... I've tried kijiji (Canada) and was hoping it could be a killer but in fact I had one very nice sale and now it flatlined... Guess I was just lucky the first time :(

5. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior member

6. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

This is complete bullshit. Has Burke become dumb as fuck or what? I'm laughing just to think about a eBay rep deciding for a case : "sorry sir, the item size tag was in photo 3 and it should have been at least in photo 2. Fuck you, good bye, and thanks for choosing eBay" o_O

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

To be honest guys....I sell a lot and have only had pretty positive experiences with e-bay reps. I have tailored my listings to conform to suggestions and to meet certain things that ebay requires or to help protect myself for issues, but if you sell quality items, take multiple photos, provide accurate measurements, etc you really should not have any problems. Yes, eBay makes it harder and harder but these new rules are only going to make it easier for the 1% (or less) of people who are going to complain anyway. 99% of the people who buy just want the item they bought to show up in the condition described. This thread is mostly about the bad 1% or how to avoid that 1% but overall it is not a reflection of selling on ebay in general.

That said, the canceling an item after they won is a bit annoying but again you dont even know how many times a week I have an item sell and then get 1 or 2 messages from people asking if the item is still for sale or what happened. They wait and wait and the are bummed when it did not sell. Some even go as far as offering MORE money then I had it listed for if I can sell it to them, obviously I can't as it's already sold, paid and usually shipped.

8. tben

tben Senior member

What are the chances I have my first ever negative feedback removed?

In short, guy states the outside of the front pockets are messed up, and I have two pictures clearly showing that they are in fact not messed up. Am I screwed?

9. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

180 days is insane,

2 people like this.
  10. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Is there a case open for a return?

11. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

ANyone? (don't feel like going down to the Post Office tomorrow)

12. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

You can buy and print Priority Mail postage from the USPS website. You'll get tracking in both the US and Canada. Prices between buying USPS postage online and eBay are similar if not completely the same. Buying postage at the post office is more expensive.

13. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I know that but my question is more "Can I ship to Canada with priority mail? Will I get a tracking number? Am I safe?" I don't want the buyer to file a claim he never received the package after it was delivered. I still need to send him an invoice with the total amount

14. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Well it's Priority Mail International but yeah, you can, and you get a tracking number with it. You're about as safe as you would be sending the package in the US. It turns over to Canada Post in Canada, but I've never had issues.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

16. tben

tben Senior member

No, he said he wanted to keep the item after I offered him a refund and payment for return shipping.

17. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

In my case, 100% yes. Even if the Red "no tracking" blah blah thing comes up, sometimes it does track. Canada has never not had tracking for me regardless of which method I ship. A couple other places I can't remember right now has the same phenomenon where it'll say there's no tracking to that country but indeed plugging in the tracking number brings up tracking information even after it leaves the US.

Most recent example: CF213559448US
    And another one: CF017771944US

Both were Priority Mail shipped to Canada using Regional Rate A boxes. Both have tracking confirmed as delivered.

18. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

20. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

1 person likes this.