• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jebarne. I'm thinking it depends on dialect. Some call it suit coat, some call it suit jacket etc. I tried googling the difference and I only found generalities.

Suit coat and suit jacket are the same. You called it a sport coat and a blazer in the listing though. Those are different. I know that a lot of people use sport coat and blazer as key search words in an eBay listing even if they're fully aware they're selling suit coats. I think you'd have been safer if you had listed it as something like "Paul Stuart by Samuelsohn Gray Suit Jacket - 48R - Sport Coat Blazer Succulent Amazeballs" or something like that.

Last edited:

marc roberto

Reaction score
Quote:
smile.gif
Thanks. I'm going to change this moving on. I never dreamed it could be a problem.
I see tons of listings on e-bay that mix all the terms together. I don't think there is a difference other than styling which you can see in the pictures. In any case, better safe than sorry so its best to add this somewhere to the listing. But I don't see anything wrong with including all the terms in the title since today there isnt any difference.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Jebarne. I'm thinking it depends on dialect. Some call it suit coat, some call it suit jacket etc. I tried googling the difference and I only found generalities.
when I was starting the wardrobe re-build process the end of 2012, I stumbled across the thread on ask andy:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?99498-Sport-Coat-Blazer-vs-Suit-Jacket.

When I read the winston post in #5, it triggered me to read all the related links. Its probably worth a read.

It was only then that I understood that there are really only 2 classes, sports coats and suits.

Blazers are a sub-set of a sports coat derived from clubs, teams, schools etc. I was also interested to know that you never wear a blazer with a pocket badge unless it is to an event for the organization requiring the badge. The most traditional people on that thread hate when double breasted navy jackets are referred to as blazers since they are clearly "reefer" jackets derived from British Naval uniforms.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Whats-the-D...ts-and-Suit-Jackets-/10000000177632461/g.html

http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/navy-blazer-striped-club-guide/

The key is consistency in listing and being able to point to why you list the way you do.

I see it often where people just cover all the bases with "Suit Jacket Blazer Sports Coat"

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a standard Dymo 450 and it works fine. It prints out long-format 2.5x7" labels rather than the standard USPS/Ebay/PP format, so you have to set up those settings specifically in your print preferences on both Ebay and Paypal.

I used these instructions: http://xytek-sales.com/setup99019.html

Plus this video:

and was able to figure out how to set it up from there. It works great now - no ink needed, and the labels print much faster than with my old inkjet.

I did have a headache the other night with Java giving me an error. Apparently the newest Java version has stricter security settings by default and the label applet doesn't meet them. I had to turn down the Java security restriction level, and it worked after that.

and you're on Mac?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you see a width? sorry i dont know if i have bad eyes or that its just rather illegible
It should be stamped on the sole of the shoe if it has the original soles.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted this yesterday or not, but...

Does anyone have a reference for pinning mannequins? I want to learn to do it well and I've checked youtube a bit but the guides have been 'eh'.
Potato Chip Clip in the rear center of jacket, about 5 inches below the pit or so. You have to play with it and see what works best for you. Some people actually pin the jacket, I clip it because its quick and effective for myself.

Looks like 9.5 D/B (narrow toes) to me, but I could be reading it wrong.
IF the size was a a 9.5 D/B, then the B would represent a Narrow Heel rather than toe box.

TJhambone09

Reaction score

If that CT had a physical hole in it that wasn't described open a case, that is messed up. That would be pretty hard to miss...

That's why I never buy when there aren't any measurements UNLESS if I know the brand/type very well. Ex: bought a RLBL motorcycle jacket without having to see the measurements. Plus, it was DIRT cheap

I say keep the CT but notify the seller. He was at fault and show him the photo. Hope he'll give you a partial refund because at the end of the day it's still cheap and you still need it, although it has a flaw. 

Heres the hole in the CT. Probably going to ask for a half refund to pay to get it fixed.
20140211_080308.jpg

Happy ending on the Zegna. The shirt has two VERY WELL hidden darts. Its a striped shirt and the folds for the darts were done right next to stripes so you cant even see them. I only noticed when i laid it flat to measure and saw the ends of the darts at the bottom. Shouldnt be an issue to get removed.

gambit50

Reaction score
Anyone with experience sending to foreign US military bases?
I have an offer for a suit from a buyer stationed in one (too low but I did not counter because of the location) and I have just recently sold to another buyer from one(maybe even same base)) but that original shipment has had NO updated tracking in 12 days.
The whole 'same as sending within US' is bullocks. If it were, there would be no customs and while the USPS is bad enough at doing the job within the country going across oceans and having even more hands to pass through makes it worse.
Also, this would require sig confirm and insurance and I do not know how that applies to base shipping.

Any feedback appreciated.
I really do not want to be sitting around with a bunch of suits in the hands of some Marines while I am then told by ebay to refund all of the money because the USPS does not do its job at all at these bases or because it is easy enough to say 'not delivered' in these circumstances.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this pattern called?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That has to be a joke, right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads