• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GM-H

Reaction score
If you have a phone with the Flappy Bird game app installed, now might be a good time to sell the phone.

I tired, but within an hour of listing, eBay removed it because it was not wiped and still had the app on it. They actually told me that you cant sell a phone with flappy birds on it.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me and my girl friend sold our phones for 5k each - neither buyer paid. Willing to say none of those are real.

sansimeon

Reaction score
Quick question, does anyone know how to read this Burberrys label?

Is it a long coat sz 52R or a regular coat sz 52L or something else? Any help appreciated, searched but couldn't find anything.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question, does anyone know how to read this Burberrys label?

Is it a long coat sz 52R or a regular coat sz 52L or something else? Any help appreciated, searched but couldn't find anything.

sansimeon

Reaction score

Not yet, will do tomorrow. Tried it on earlier and the sleeves were a hair short (I wear 36" shirt sleeves) but it reached beyond my knees, so I'm guessing 52R.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not yet, will do tomorrow. Tried it on earlier and the sleeves were a hair short (I wear 36" shirt sleeves) but it reached beyond my knees, so I'm guessing 52R.
How did the shoulders and chest feel compared to your normal jacket size?

ahk11

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a higher number of buyers taking FOREVER to pay recently? Lately, it seems out of every 10 items I sell, probably 3 or 4 of the buyers take 3 days or more to pay. Very annoying.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Has anyone else experienced a higher number of buyers taking FOREVER to pay recently? Lately, it seems out of every 10 items I sell, probably 3 or 4 of the buyers take 3 days or more to pay. Very annoying. 

What are your payment terms set at?

--

What the **** is a flappy bird and why do I need one?

namdaemun

Reaction score
Flappy Bird is a mobile game, similar to Angry Birds in terms of hype. very very popular.

The developer recently said he wanted to and actually closed down his operations stating he was overwhelmed with the upkeep/demand/stress/etc

The odd thing is the guy was BANKING it. Supposedly making $50K a week (or was it a day?)

Many of us in SV think the guy is a dumba** becauseIF he was overwhelmed then he obviously didn't have the right management in place to actually run the game as a business. He could've been the chairman/CTO and he should've hired a CFO, CEO, and COO and other S level execs to take over.

OR he could've just sold the game itself to lets say a Storm8 and made MILLIONS!

Last edited:

ahk11

Reaction score
What are your payment terms set at?

--

What the **** is a flappy bird and why do I need one?

I require immediate payment for buy it now. Is it possible to require immediate payment for items won through auctions as well? I admit I am but a small-timer and still trying to learn.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flappy Bird is a mobile game, similar to Angry Birds in terms of hype. very very popular.

The developer recently said he wanted to and actually closed down his operations stating he was overwhelmed with the upkeep/demand/stress/etc

The odd thing is the guy was BANKING it. Supposedly making $50K a week (or was it a day?)

Many of us in SV think the guy is a dumba** becauseIF he was overwhelmed then he obviously didn't have the right management in place to actually run the game as a business. He could've been the chairman/CTO and he should've hired a CFO, CEO, and COO and other S level execs to take over.

OR he could've just sold the game itself to lets say a Storm8 and made MILLIONS!

It was reportedly $50k per day in ad revenue, and then he shut it down. He is based in Vietnam and probably set for life. Mashable.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I require immediate payment for buy it now. Is it possible to require immediate payment for items won through auctions as well? I admit I am but a small-timer and still trying to learn.

Cannot require immediate payment for auction. You should set up the non-paying buyer assistant thru eBay, which automatically opens a non-paid case after (x) days (you determine the number of days - I have mine set to 4 days). If they don't pay me within 4 days after the auction end, eBay opens the case and the buyer get 4 more days to pay. If they still do not pay, eBay closes the case, I am credited the eBay fees, the buyer gets a non-payment strike, and I can offer it to the 2nd highest bidder (or if there wasn't one, relist it).

ahk11

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the explanation. I was not aware of this, but will definitely be utilizing it in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads