• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gerbilunit

Reaction score
That's what I felt. The typefont on that tag reminds me of chinese counterfits. Thanks spoo

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume a lot of people here bought from MannequinMavin. How do you cure your drunken mannequin syndrome (DMS)?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This afternoon I received a message from an eBayer that simply said "this is fake FYI" regarding a Canada Goose expedition parka I listed last night. It reminded me of ATLnoob's situation yesterday, so I didn't think much of it.

Looked into it when I got home from work, and sure enough, it's fake. I scanned through similar listings, and found several other fakes for sale by what seem to be reputable sellers.

Obviously I immediately ripped down the listing, but I still feel scummy. On a high price item, I should've done a little more work on the front end to verify authenticity. It was a BINOBO, so fortunately nobody purchased the parka before I received the message.
Had the exact same thing happen on my first PRPS, took me all of 3 seconds to figure out they were fake when I actually researched. Took down the listing, threw them out.

I tried my best to be polite. What's the consensus -- did I succeed?

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...QAlways=1&ssPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI
Wow. I'd say you made a convincing statement.

could anyone help verify if this is legit? Its a really nice trench coat with removable lining and waist belt. The lining looks to be wool and everything looks too nice to fake but this tag gives me a bad feeling
Are you in Austin? Just passed on that exact marsupialed label either today or yesterday, thought it was a jacket, almost took a picture of it. Spotting a crazy amount of fake ties lately, Armani, Boss and EZ. Found a real Hermes today, stained and tattered.... sad.

Slow bay week for me, need to get off ****** and list, my bay closet overfloweth.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume a lot of people here bought from MannequinMavin. How do you cure your drunken mannequin syndrome (DMS)?

Is that why his mannequins were so cheap??
lol8[1].gif

gerbilunit

Reaction score
Had the exact same thing happen on my first PRPS, took me all of 3 seconds to figure out they were fake when I actually researched. Took down the listing, threw them out.

Wow. I'd say you made a convincing statement.

Are you in Austin? Just passed on that exact marsupialed label either today or yesterday, thought it was a jacket, almost took a picture of it. Spotting a crazy amount of fake ties lately, Armani, Boss and EZ. Found a real Hermes today, stained and tattered.... sad.

Slow bay week for me, need to get off ****** and list, my bay closet overfloweth.
not in texas but good to know it was a solid pass! hopefully i'm picking up the fake cues quick enough!

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not in texas but good to know it was a solid pass! hopefully i'm picking up the fake cues quick enough!

I think the most fake stuff I see is PRL - the everyday Polo RL stuff, not RLPL or RLBL, and it's pretty easy to spot from the label / color of thread used to sew on the label / pony (if there is one). Got my taint burned a few times on fake PRL. The sizing is almost almost always off as well.

Aside from that, Burberry and Hermes seem to be top fakes, esp on eBay - I'd never buy anything of either brand from a non-US seller, who doesn't offer refunds, and even then you have to know what you're buying (Hermes "H" belt fakes are so crazy now that they counterfeit the receipts etc).

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a Power Seller now!

Please exscuse, no for talking now, am Power Seller, okay? Yes.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a Power Seller now!

Please exscuse, no for talking now, am Power Seller, okay? Yes.
congrats!

I think I've hit all the numbers, but it shows me short on transactions, which isn't so. I may be short on transactions with feedback, if that's the metric.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reprieve! Monday is a USPS holiday...thankfully. I was not looking forward to potentially labeling & packing 50+ items tonight, though I know there are guys here who do more than that in one day on a regular basis. Not my idea of fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads