• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had one like this today, I accepted buyer's offer, sent a reminder invoice 2 days in, 2 more days go by eBay automatically opens up a case, 4 days later buyer hasn't paid, case closed and re-listed. Today, a day later, I got a message from the guy saying he hadn't seen that I accepted his offer and wanted to know if we could try again.
Is this like when your ex calls at 2am, should I ignore it and move on, or reply and accept the same offer again?
I would edit you listing so the BIN is the price of his offer and set it to require immediate payment.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had one like this today, I accepted buyer's offer, sent a reminder invoice 2 days in, 2 more days go by eBay automatically opens up a case, 4 days later buyer hasn't paid, case closed and re-listed. Today, a day later, I got a message from the guy saying he hadn't seen that I accepted his offer and wanted to know if we could try again.
Is this like when your ex calls at 2am, should I ignore it and move on, or reply and accept the same offer again?

Have the ebay app on your phone set to notify you as soon as someone makes you an offer. Reply and tell him you'll accept the same offer within 5 minutes of him submitting it and that he has to pay immediately this time.

Do what Wes said.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wish the consequences for not paying for a win were a little more severe. Like maybe suspending the account for a month.

I've had a spate of deadbeat bidders lately on my auctions. It's not as common on the BIN stuff. But I still like selling more stuff on a weekly basis, so I'm probably going to start switching more stuff over to auctions...

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also wish the consequences for not paying for a win were a little more severe. Like maybe suspending the account for a month.

I've had a spate of deadbeat bidders lately on my auctions. It's not as common on the BIN stuff. But I still like selling more stuff on a weekly basis, so I'm probably going to start switching more stuff over to auctions...

I like how it keeps my inventory moving at least. I never lose money, but sometimes I'm almost even. Still - it keeps me doing my absolute favorite part (the thrifting)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like how it keeps my inventory moving at least. I never lose money, but sometimes I'm almost even. Still - it keeps me doing my absolute favorite part (the thrifting)

For me, the drawback right now is the piles of inventory. I have 48 items on my mobile rack ready to be photographed, along with at least that many hanging out in crates waiting for their turn. I can list 20-30 items per day, but I keep having (some addiction!) to go out and look for more, so the best stuff I find gets listed while the smaller stuff hangs out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I greatly dislike Ebay sometimes...

I just received a camera lens from a seller that doesn't work properly. I ordered a Sigma 24mm lens for Canon described as 'works flawlessly' with cosmetic blemishes. The lens looks perfect but the electronics don't work 2/3 of the time. Frustrating.... And the seller is in Israel.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, I greatly dislike Ebay sometimes...

I just received a camera lens from a seller that doesn't work properly. I ordered a Sigma 24mm lens for Canon described as 'works flawlessly' with cosmetic blemishes. The lens looks perfect but the electronics don't work 2/3 of the time. Frustrating.... And the seller is in Israel.

I probably wouldn't have bought that because of the location :/

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Israel is a perfectly acceptable place to buy stuff from. I've shipped a few things there as well. Yeah, the shipping was higher than I would've like, but the sale price was right altogether.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why? Israel is a perfectly acceptable place to buy stuff from. I've shipped a few things there as well. Yeah, the shipping was higher than I would've like, but the sale price was right altogether.

Mostly because of returns etc for used electronics. Clothes, I wouldn't have much issue with.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys my mannequin is here...first photos taken in two different locales.

Please rip it apart. Its taken with a cell phone camera. I can tell its blown out. What about my background? What do I do with the excess shirt sticking out?

gwenetln.jpg

f7kfpe22.jpg

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think mannequins generally work better if they're not ripped apart.

Do you have any sort of light you could use? I think it would help with the shadows a bunch. 2nd pic looks way better to me!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads