• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would say that is black.

Thanks for the input!

Looks black to me too. Sometimes the lining can be a good indicator too. A lot of times a navy jacket will have a blue lining.

Also, I love this app for the iPhone.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/color-helper-4-men-picker/id590256915?mt=8

Thanks, Wes! I downloaded that too!

I third the black.  I have the same problem with blacks/navy blues, so I always take the item outdoors in the sunshine with another item I know to be black, and compare side-by-side that way.  Also, navy blue with a purple stripe doesn't sound like a common combination except in pimp suits (though, it is D&G so who knows)...

I never thought about that but that makes sense. TY

I'm finally listing a bunch of stuff. Props to you big time sellers. This is a ton of work.

Apparently I hadn't accepted the revised user agreement that was effective July 1. In accepting the agreement I was automatically enrolled in the GSP, which of course I don't want to be. I immediately went into my preferences to opt out, but it says I have to wait 24 hours since I just opted in by accepting the entire user agreement. Arrrgh. So my question is... if I upload a bunch of auctions tonight (while I'm allegedly opted into the GSP) will my opting out of GSP tomorrow be reflected in those listings such that I won't have to use GSP when those auctions close 10 days from now? Or does it not really matter because buyers will be less likely to choose it? I did also offer more traditional international shipping methods in the listings.

There's a way to do bulk editing. i did that for my listings that had GSP tied to it. I'd look into the help option

ejay1

Reaction score
Hello gents. I sold and shipped an item back on July 18 and today August 29 I received the package (unopened) at my door with a "return to sender" sticker.

Buyer never contacted me about any issues nor did he leave any feedback. His shipping address is a federal building in Washington DC and apparently the tracking shows some odd info:

Forwarded

August 10, 2013, 11:29 am DPO, AA

Missent

August 9, 2013, 11:29 am

Arrival at Post Office

July 21, 2013, 10:34 am

WASHINGTON, DC 20018

Depart USPS Sort Facility

July 20, 2013

WASHINGTON, DC 20018

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

July 20, 2013, 10:40 am

WASHINGTON, DC 20018

Depart USPS Sort Facility

July 20, 2013

WASHINGTON, DC 20066

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

July 20, 2013, 2:09 am

WASHINGTON, DC 20066

Electronic Shipping Info Received

July 18, 2013

I know refunding the buyer (less shipping cost) is the right thing to do since he doesn't have the goods he paid for- but some 40 days later, am I still obligated to? I contacted him earlier today and have yet to hear from him.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Ebay recently make it easier for buyers not to pay for things they've committed to, or am I just having really bad luck right now?

I currently have six items "awaiting payment". Only one of them says that the payment is pending.

What gives? I've sent invoices to everyone except that one.

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Ebay recently make it easier for buyers not to pay for things they've committed to, or am I just having really bad luck right now?

I currently have six items "awaiting payment". Only one of them says that the payment is pending.

Recently? I don't know about that...there is no real punishment for not paying for something until you do it repeatedly, at least the way i understand it. You can't leave negative feedback so the only people that ever know is EBAY. It's a BS system

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just assumed it was recent because I haven't had this level of problem with non-paying buyers before.

OliT

Reaction score
I'm about to list a vintage RMFB Gore-tex jacket in size 38. I'm thinking it might attract some attention from Japan, any tips on getting the right crowd? I haven't sold much on Ebay, but I do have a little feedback, and I've been selling clothes at another auction site for a few years, so not new to the trade. I just want to get some input from the experts on a garment that I'm not really used to handling.
I'll be shipping from Sweden, if it matters.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm about to list a vintage RMFB Gore-tex jacket in size 38. I'm thinking it might attract some attention from Japan, any tips on getting the right crowd? I haven't sold much on Ebay, but I do have a little feedback, and I've been selling clothes at another auction site for a few years, so not new to the trade. I just want to get some input from the experts on a garment that I'm not really used to handling.
I'll be shipping from Sweden, if it matters.
I sold a Vintage RMFB Vest earlier this year.

Here's what you do.
Clear, well thought out title. (do your research on the ones like it that sold the best)
Lots of pictures. 12 at minimum, plus extras in the description.
Honest description with detailed measurements
Make sure you have it set to allow international bidders.

That brand will sell itself, so don't sell yourself short. Mine sold for about $700....to Japan.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I know refunding the buyer (less shipping cost) is the right thing to do since he doesn't have the goods he paid for- but some 40 days later, am I still obligated to?  I contacted him earlier today and have yet to hear from him.

I'd probably wait 5 more days just to ensure you're in the clear. Message the buyer stating you're willing to reship the item if he pays for shipping again. If he requests his money back, send it back less shipping. If no response, I'd just move on...

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were they all auctions? I have 3 unpaid right now and all were from auctions that ended several days ago. Just one of the reasons I do fewer and fewer auctions. At least with BIN you can require immediate payment and, as was discussed earlier, the new OBO leaves the item listed until it's paid for.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing changed on auctions - they still get 4 days to pay (if you are using the unpaid item assistant) before a non-paying case is opened...and then get another 4 days or whatever it is. On OBO, their offer expires after 48 hours unless they reconfirm and pay, and it was not considered sold in the interim. Sounds like a run of bad luck - upcoming holiday may have something to do with it.

You can't leave negative feedback so the only people that ever know is EBAY. It's a BS system
...hopefully people add non-paying bidders to the SF blacklist. I do, and check it every so often for new additions, which I know works - had a buyer contact me asking why their were blocked - they had a non-pay over a year ago and I had added them from the SF block list. They told me they had a problem back then, to check their feedback to see that they were back on track. Unblocked, guy bid, won, paid in minutes.

I sold a Vintage RMFB Vest earlier this year.

That brand will sell itself, so don't sell yourself short. Mine sold for about $700....to Japan.
My ignorance showing - what is RMFB?

Loving that listing sale last night! I think I might even do a few 7 day listings on Sunday this week to take advantage of it a little more. That saved me over $100.
Was that for everyone, or by invitation? I still have ~ 400 free listings to take advantage of - any length, any style, but only a few days left in which to do it before it expires (one of those invite-only deals). Not gonna happen - no time. I need to set up some new listings to be ready to go for when I get those offers from eBay, aside from just re-listing unsold stuff and adding a few new items. Maybe over the holiday weekend, though I am planning a full-day road trip to my favorite out of state honey-hole on Sat and will likely hit more thrifts on the way back. Might turn into a 2-day thrift bender.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My ignorance showing - what is RMFB?

Was that for everyone, or by invitation? I still have ~ 400 free listings to take advantage of - any length, any style, but only a few days left in which to do it before it expires (one of those invite-only deals). Not gonna happen - no time. I need to set up some new listings to be ready to go for when I get those offers from eBay, aside from just re-listing unsold stuff and adding a few new items. Maybe over the holiday weekend, though I am planning a full-day road trip to my favorite out of state honey-hole on Sat and will likely hit more thrifts on the way back. Might turn into a 2-day thrift bender.
Rocky Mountain Feather Bed - Vintage Puffer Vests and other outerwear went out of business in the Late 70's (It think). Reincarnated by a collector in Japan in the early 2000's

The sale is for all sellers I believe. Started last night, good thru the 4th.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain Feather Bed - Vintage Puffer Vests and other outerwear went out of business in the Late 70's (It think). Reincarnated by a collector in Japan in the early 2000's

Aha. Good to know. (just ran to check a 70's-era down jacket with zip-off sleeves I picked up a while ago - Powderhorn Mountaineering out of Jackson Hole - alas - was hoping it was RMFB but no such luck)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

2 things:

I have an 11 fold Bijan tie. There is no comparable item on ebay to judge a price. What do you guys think I should list it for?

Second... I have a rare find, a skinny (2 1/4") unlined Hermes. I have never seen one, it seems real to me (great build quality and silk), has anyone ever seen one? I cant imagine who would fake such a thing.

Here are some pics of it... help welcome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads