• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Buyer opened a return then decided to keep the item. I messaged them and asked them to close the return but they’ve gone awol. Is there a way I can ask eBay to close it? I can either report the buyer but none of the preset options describe my situation or I can stuck in a loop getting sent to help articles.

I understand they’re trying to field customer service calls but they make it so hard to get in touch these days.

Also this new return request notification design in app is bugging me. I’m still waiting on these items to arrive. Why must in be in red when it isn’t an actionable item right now? /rant
View attachment 1353266
I contacted their customer service department numerous times about that annoying banner but didn't get much of a response at all. They were surprisingly quick to fix something else I suggested (although surely wasn't just my Tweet that triggered the change) but still, wish they would get rid of this.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Unless it's changed, eBay closes the return in your favor if the buyer hasn't shipped it in 4 business days
Wait for the time to lapse then call ebay

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i know the answer but want to confirm
I don't have a store on ebay - there is no way to set an account on vacation, is there?
Thinking I might need to end my listings when I'm away if i'm concerned about actually selling something and not being there to ship it
I think that there is a way you can get around this by setting the amount in stock on your ad to zero, and then putting it back to 1 when you return from leave.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless it's changed, eBay closes the return in your favor if the buyer hasn't shipped it in 4 business days
Wait for the time to lapse then call ebay
Just an FYI, that'll change with the new Seller Update on April Fools Day of all days...
1583953040166.png

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, that'll change with the new Seller Update on April Fools Day of all days...
View attachment 1353609
They already did they **** to me on a return that hasn’t been shipped after almost 3 weeks, they ended up emailing the buyer a few times until they sent the return out. Didn’t even give me an option to escalate to close

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This makes no sense; there was a defined time where they had to ship the item back already... now it's indefinite?
I'm assuming they're now going to give buyers until the return request times out to provide proof of shipment (~30 days I think?). Of course, as a seller you still have to provide them with a return label or the means to pay for one within 3 business days of the return being opened.

div25sec9

Reaction score
I'm assuming they're now going to give buyers until the return request times out to provide proof of shipment (~30 days I think?). Of course, as a seller you still have to provide them with a return label or the means to pay for one within 3 business days of the return being opened.

So essentially they will have 60 days to return? 30 days to open a return and another 30 days to ship? This is just going to lead to a further decline on ebay. How many more good sellers are going to quit over frustrating returns?

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flu sucks. If I had a store on eBay, I’d actually go on vacation. Instead I’m actually left praying that nobody buys anything for a few days so that I don’t have to go to the basement, find it, pack it, and ship it. Slowly drafting a few listings, but they will all just sit in drafts until I feel better. Accidentally listed a couple yesterday, and they have watchers. Hold off buyers, just hold off. Go buy from my thread brothers who don’t mind shipping today.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they requested the return but haven't shipped back, always call to close the return after 5 business days. If you don't they can still return it up until the return auto closes, which is... well, longer than 5 business days.
Oh ****, nevermind. Guess I should have read through the whole thread.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So essentially they will have 60 days to return? 30 days to open a return and another 30 days to ship? This is just going to lead to a further decline on ebay. How many more good sellers are going to quit over frustrating returns?
The way I'm interpreting it is that the buyer will have 30 days from receiving the item to send it back. So if they opened the return on the day they received it, they would have 30 days to ship it back, and if they opened on the 20th day, they would only have 10 more days. Though I can imagine if a buyer opens a return on the 30th day, eBay would likely give them at least an additional 5 days to ship.

Like I said, thats just my interpretation. Who knows for sure. Gotta love all these new open-ended policies.

goatamous II

Reaction score
Truthfully, in my case it's probably no impact because the only time i call to close a case is because i'm annoyed seeing the open return
I accept returns, but i've realized 9 / 10 times return shipping to the great white north is enough to deter. As a result, if the 5 days elapse the buyer probably wasn't going to send the item back anyway.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long until mail delivery is affected is my real question right now ?

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds... holy ****, a virus!!!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads