• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm, Priority Mail is 20 cents more than the "buyer selected" Parcel Select, any reason not to upgrade them?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hm, Priority Mail is 20 cents more than the "buyer selected" Parcel Select, any reason not to upgrade them?

Use what they selected. Why would you pay extra?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a regular seller. I would prefer to move the window when someone might complain forward so that I can be done with it faster.

Using what the buyer selected will not cause problems for you.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else realized this yet, but Ebay phone support is closed.

Can we go back to the old method of conflict resolution? Shouting matches and verbal MMA?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But will using a faster service and paying the difference out of my own pocket potentially cause problems? It's worth 20 cents to me to see the thing delivered in 2 days and being done with it as opposed to having to wait over a week.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But will using a faster service and paying the difference out of my own pocket potentially cause problems? It's worth 20 cents to me to see the thing delivered in 2 days and being done with it as opposed to having to wait over a week.

I mean, it’s your money that you’re wasting. Problem buyers won’t hesitate to cause problems either way.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, it’s your money that you’re wasting. Problem buyers won’t hesitate to cause problems either way.
He’s saying if there is going to be a problem he’d rather pay 20 cents and deal with it in two days instead of waiting a week for it to happen

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are using a free priority box it makes sense, since you are saving the cost of your own box. Plus underselling the service and overdelivering with speed will likely leave a happy customer, especially if they are stuck at home somewhere.

div25sec9

Reaction score

I'd go for the 20 cents to get it there faster. It's true that complainers will complain, but how much happier will people be getting their item super fast? A lot of my positive feedback has people mentioning quick shipment time, that does make an impression; and if someone is perhaps more inclined to complain, impressing them with quick shipment might make the difference between a positive and a negative experience.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve used a mix of First Class and Priority (I let the customer choose for items under a pound) for years and have never had a buyer complain about shipping speed.

mrFurly

Reaction score
Have someone returning a new with tags item, but they took off the tags.

How much would you deduct from the price paid?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.2%

Forum statistics

Threads