• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, and just one example of what I mean for affordable options, live...
089AE549-C80C-4E4D-AFF3-0879378E8332.jpeg

bert9000

Reaction score
I’d recommend getting a Dymo label printer, depending on how many labels you’re printing. The machine itself is pretty cheap but the real savings are in the labels, which are a lot cheaper than regular printer labels and ink. Plus, it fits nicely on my desk.

jts287

Reaction score
Anyone know if something happened to Frieschskys? They disappeared from my seller watch list (thought I accidentally deleted), and their external website isn't working. My last purchase from them was like 8 mos ago, so grayed out on eBay (which I effing hate). Is allseasons-goldlines a different outfit, or was there a name change/sale/etc?

Pronto Merona

Reaction score
+1 on getting a printer. they are super cheap and you will earn back the cost of the printer within the first would-be trip to stand for an hour in line if not within several sales if you factor in the discount you get printing through ebay. The label printer bert mentions above is on my list of stuff to buy but just a normal cheap printer will save you tons of time.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I’ll obviously have to look into this. I had no idea there was a discount for printing labels.
What you get is the commercial pricing. eBay gets it for you, and for low volume at least I think is the easiest. Stamps, and any of the other similar ones will give you pretty much the same but I haven’t looked into them because whatever benefits there probably are haven’t yet been worth my investigative energies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I’ll obviously have to look into this. I had no idea there was a discount for printing labels.
It's not just eBay. I sell on Facebook Marketplace as well. I print shipping labels direct from PayPal with a discount as well. The Dymo printer will certainly pay for itself in short order.

goatamous II

Reaction score
I've said it before, but worth mentioning again that HP has free ink if you're a low volume printer (max 15 pages a month)

The second you have to pay for ink, then the Dymo is the better deal.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not eBay, but Posh. Is anybody familiar with the return/refund process from the buyers end? I bought a “bundle” where at least one item was sized wrong—and I specifically asked. I can’t quite tell with the other, but I might want to keep one pair of shoes and return the other. Google suggests this isn’t a thing, but most of the results I’m seeing are a year or so old and I wonder if anything’s changes.

(Condition/price point making flipping them unattractive. This was supposed to have been a personal purchase)

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not eBay, but Posh. Is anybody familiar with the return/refund process from the buyers end? I bought a “bundle” where at least one item was sized wrong—and I specifically asked. I can’t quite tell with the other, but I might want to keep one pair of shoes and return the other. Google suggests this isn’t a thing, but most of the results I’m seeing are a year or so old and I wonder if anything’s changes.

(Condition/price point making flipping them unattractive. This was supposed to have been a personal purchase)
Shouldn't be difficult if it's clear. You'll have to provide proof, as in a photo. I've to return a few things for damage. One was suit that was ridiculously over dry cleaned. The shine was hard to get a good photo of and I had to upload like 3 different ones, because they kept saying the picture didn't clearly show the damage. Certainly more seller friendly from that end than eBay.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be difficult if it's clear. You'll have to provide proof, as in a photo. I've to return a few things for damage. One was suit that was ridiculously over dry cleaned. The shine was hard to get a good photo of and I had to upload like 3 different ones, because they kept saying the picture didn't clearly show the damage. Certainly more seller friendly from that end than eBay.
It’ll be clear, since it says 3E instead of E! Have they changed it so I can return part of a bundle?

goatamous II

Reaction score
I think i know the answer but want to confirm
I don't have a store on ebay - there is no way to set an account on vacation, is there?
Thinking I might need to end my listings when I'm away if i'm concerned about actually selling something and not being there to ship it

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think i know the answer but want to confirm
I don't have a store on ebay - there is no way to set an account on vacation, is there?
Thinking I might need to end my listings when I'm away if i'm concerned about actually selling something and not being there to ship it
That's right, no vacation without store. Some will advise to adjust your handling times, but I prefer to end everything before. Buyers don't tend to pay enough attention to your extended handling time, and they can get pissed. At that point, it no longer matters what you said your time would be, ebay will back the buyers.

One further point, assuming that since you don't have a store you're trying to stay under a certain number of listings per month, you might want to end those listings that are about to relist as you get closer to vacation so that when you relist them upon return they won't have relisted twice in the month. (Unless the vacation crosses over a month change, in which case, it doesn't matter.)

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer opened a return then decided to keep the item. I messaged them and asked them to close the return but they’ve gone awol. Is there a way I can ask eBay to close it? I can either report the buyer but none of the preset options describe my situation or I can stuck in a loop getting sent to help articles.

I understand they’re trying to field customer service calls but they make it so hard to get in touch these days.

Also this new return request notification design in app is bugging me. I’m still waiting on these items to arrive. Why must in be in red when it isn’t an actionable item right now? /rant
6199188E-4F9C-48D2-ADEB-BCFBAE74CFC7.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads