• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

green_machine

Reaction score
Hey guys, It's been a while (long story). I am trying to dump a ton of clothes i had backlogged on ebay. I ha(ve)d so much women's stuff but I gave most to a local friend/flipper but I hand picked some stuff to keep and sell myself. I'm clueless about wmz clothes especially footwear... plus no woman (long story) to help me understand what style these are or how to describe them. Can you give me an appropriate title for these? Dated or Vintage? auction vs BIN? IDK, women's footwear is sometimes hideous and styles change quickly. Thanks! :-D
IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7573.JPG

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you ask for photos of the stain, and he provides them, you’ve painted yourself into a corner. Therefore, if you enter into dialogue about evidence, you’d have to be prepared for at least a partial refund.

It has been 30 days and you don’t offer returns, so I suppose you could just ignore him. He doesn’t ask for anything from the message, so it seems a bit open-ended.

If you’re asking what I’d personally do, I’d ask for a photo and be willing to refund if he showed me the tie with the stain. I couldn’t prove it wasn’t there originally, even if I had checked, and it wouldn’t be worth the effort and runaround.

That’s just what I’d do, I understand you don’t want to go through a refund.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annnnnnd pants guy opened a PayPal claim. I'm seething.

Errybody, block gaq111 --they've been nothing but a pain **********.

How do I win this case? I've already submitted .pdfs of the case, eBay's ruling (in three separate ways--PDFs of email, eBay's PM notice that the buyer's claim didn't meet SNAD grounds, and atop the case transcript, as it'd obviously already been closed), and their follow-up message disregarding eBay's decision... that said, I know PayPal cases are supposed to suck. (I've never had one before).

What else can I do to deal with this?

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Annnnnnd pants guy opened a PayPal claim. I'm seething.

Errybody, block gaq111 --they've been nothing but a pain **********.

How do I win this case? I've already submitted .pdfs of the case, eBay's ruling (in three separate ways--PDFs of email, eBay's PM notice that the buyer's claim didn't meet SNAD grounds, and atop the case transcript, as it'd obviously already been closed), and their follow-up message disregarding eBay's decision... that said, I know PayPal cases are supposed to suck. (I've never had one before).

What else can I do to deal with this?
Don't fret, mang. PayPal usually always sides with eBay's decisions. Call PayPal and go over the info that you uploaded. It's been my experience that PayPal reps are typically level-headed people who make rational decisions. You should be fine.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you ask for photos of the stain, and he provides them, you’ve painted yourself into a corner. Therefore, if you enter into dialogue about evidence, you’d have to be prepared for at least a partial refund.

It has been 30 days and you don’t offer returns, so I suppose you could just ignore him. He doesn’t ask for anything from the message, so it seems a bit open-ended.

If you’re asking what I’d personally do, I’d ask for a photo and be willing to refund if he showed me the tie with the stain. I couldn’t prove it wasn’t there originally, even if I had checked, and it wouldn’t be worth the effort and runaround.

That’s just what I’d do, I understand you don’t want to go through a refund.

I had a similar situation a while back. I asked for a photo, to "better understand the customer's concern." This gives you potential leverage on a refund (e.g., stain is small and on the rear). Once he provides photos ask an open ended question like, "how would you like to resolve this matter?" and see what he says. You might point out that this is beyond the 30 day return window (or whatever) but you would be happy to work with him. This shows that you have a little leverage. In the end do what feels right so you don't get negative feedback. I ended up agreeing to a partial refund on what I thought was BS, but it kept the peace. Figure out if you would rather have the money and be right or have a negative.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got off phone with PayPal. Rep was extremely helpful, but basically told me that because the buyer provided tracking on his attempted forced return, and I wasn't around to refuse delivery, my prospects were extremely grim. He was able to wrangle a refund of my shipping costs and eBay fees. I'm not thrilled to give this asshat anything, but the rep and I generally agreed that this was the path of least resistance.

At the end of the day, $60 is too little to gnash my teeth over. Onwards / upwards!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is the selling trend after the holidays? Do you notice a pause due to recent expenses or does the selling trend continue as many stores continue seasonal discounts?

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say the peak isn't quite as hard as what you see in, say, November, but people have cash to burn. Now that travel has ceased, things are going strong.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is the selling trend after the holidays? Do you notice a pause due to recent expenses or does the selling trend continue as many stores continue seasonal discounts?
My volume is typically higher leading up to Christmas. However, I sell more high-value items between now and spring. (I assume because of tax refunds.)

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One last thing checked...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't get perverse pleasure out of seeing my problem buyer has a string of lawsuits and federal tax liens against them.
:rolleyes2:

(Yay for judiciary searches!)

Good luck with those three jacksons, Greg. Sounds like you need all the help you can get :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads