1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

NWOB Valentino Garavani Italy Gold Lame Ochre Pink Lace Peep Toe Slide Shoes

2. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

Leaves four characters... could add 8.5 :)

3. 1ofTheCoolKids

1ofTheCoolKids Senior Member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

While yes, a mule can be open toe, I only call a closed toe a mule, and an open backed heeled sandal a slide. :teach:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mule_(shoe)

5. green_machine

green_machine Senior Member

Thanks SPOO! you are the MAN! Also thank you- everyone else for the help. You guys rock.

6. 1ofTheCoolKids

1ofTheCoolKids Senior Member

7. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Question:

For those using Garage Sale, when you resist an item, do you use GS "relist" or do it directly through eBay?

8. drlivingston

[​IMG]

Speaking of "rock," I am still wanting @SpooPoker to post a picture of the Ron Jeremy "Rock out with my cock out" autographed shirt. That is priceless!

9. My Main Man

My Main Man Distinguished Member

I do it directly through eBay. I don’t really use GS much aside from the actual listing/scheduling. I should probably mess around with it more. (Yeah yeah TWSS)

10. carreragt7

carreragt7 Senior Member

So in my quest to get a pair of turtledove Yeezy, I bought a pair that were advertised as NWOB and “guaranteed authentic” from a power seller with over 3k feedback, 100% rating. The pictures weren’t great (or maybe it was due to only being viewed on mobile) but quality appeared there. I rolled the dice, since it wasn’t like 99% of Yeezy listings in that the seller was established with more than a couple ratings.
    Got them today. Definitely not genuine due to numerous tells.
    Initiated a return politely explaining how they weren’t genuine and included pictures to back it up. Seller accepted it within minutes. No apologies or communication besides the automated stuff.

What would you guys do for feedback? I hesitate to leave negative or neutral as I know how much I’d hate receiving those myself, and yet I don’t feel like they deserve positive. Don’t guarantee something if a quick google search for authentication can bring up evidence to them being suspect.

I’m mainly pissed as I was hoping I’d actually got a pair at slightly over retail, which is 4-8x less than what other people are selling authentic ones for. And now I’m waiting a week for a refund.

11. JackFlash

JackFlash Distinguished Member

Think about what kind of feedback you would want to receive if you were the seller. I personally would not leave feedback. Others on here would argue to leave positive feedback as the seller did everything to accommodate you, but the "100% genuine" would put me over the top for a no feedback.

12. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Distinguished Member

Depends on the intent of the seller to me, which would have to be a judgement call on your part. If someone is knowingly selling fakes, claiming that they are authentic, they deserve a neg. How are their other listings? Do those have much better photos than the ones for the Yeezys?

13. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Ostrich? not Alligator? hmmm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. drlivingston

Difference in ostrich leg versus full quill.

15. SpooPoker

Pics not loading for me.