• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's that crotch flap called? I remember reading an article about it once but can't recall the name, or find anything googling.

262wp4n.jpg

10d5ope.jpg
I thought it was called a "stay strap" but google isn't coming up with much on the term. I'm sure someone else who knows better can chime in.

Regardless, please call it a "crotch flap" in your listing. :crackup:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first DRAMA:

"We had to cancel bids for the buyer, israelcrabtre0, because they aren't registered on eBay:"

So nice of eBay to send me this a day AFTER I sent the item out. Buyer had paid me immediately. Now I guess I wait and see.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trench/Long coat that measures 28" p2p would be about a 52?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is typically what I do subtract 4 for overcoats

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
you should all block this *************

https://www.ebay.com/usr/212ala?ul_noapp=true

buys a $500 shoe, files a INR on ebay saying he got an empty box. Got that closed in my favor then opens a SNAD saying he got an empty box. I dont reply and on the 3rd day ebay accidentally sends the guy a prepaid label to send back a return. Minutes later he opens a paypal claim which automatically closes the ebay claim. Now this asshole has a free label and a new paypal claim. 3 days later I see a box come in which is just taped up and all empty, from him. I refuse the box, give it back to the mail guy. Finally I got the paypal case closed in my favor but this guy is the worst kind of ************* scam artist there is so block his ass.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having an ongoin war with a ************* ***** who has a long history of being a straight **** on eBay. Long story. I got eBay to close item not received case after she left negative feedback before it arrived. Says she’s on a cruise until January.
Opens ancase saying defective, that there is a two inch hole in the armpit. She’s on a fuckin cruise and has not seen the item. Says her kids opened it for her and told her. I told her I want a picture of the hole. Is this case winnable for me? Will eBay side with her Even if she can’t provide proof of a hole?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one for your block list:
sonic20212

Bought a shirt, filed a SNAD, claiming that the measurements I posted were wrong. Received the shirt today. Measurements are precise to the millimeter

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Name of buyer from earlier

my2ktj

Avoid at all cost. Super dishonest buyer

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Color temperature anomalies:

Hey gang, I could use some advice from the photography gurus on the thread. Please review the image sequence spoilered below. My lighting setup is the old standard "eBay from Home Depot", using shop lights as follows: one above the mannequin, two in front, mounted vertically (L&R, 45 degrees), and one above the prep table, where I also do the images with items laying flat. Each shop light contains two T12 40W fluorescents with the same color temp. The camera is set manually to the temp of the fluorescents.

The first image (close-up, jacket lying flat) is the correct color. However, the others seem to have a significant degree of variation of color temp, and I'm not sure why. I go through and color-correct them in post-production, but it's a royal pain, and it would for sure be nice for them to be correct out of the gate. In particular, I notice differences in color temp with distance of camera from subject. This is most obvious when doing a close-up from the front. So, for example, the first and second images from the prep table appear fine; the third appears to show some temp shift, while the fourth and fifth have a distinct greenish tinge.

If I look at images from when I first started using this setup a dozen years ago, they all appear to be perfectly consistent, and those were taken with a truly ****** camera (by today's standards). So what's going on? I've changed the tubes (and fixtures) many times over the years, but this issue's got me scratching my head.

fullsizeoutput_1a23.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a24.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1a29.jpeg
IMG_1313.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1a26.jpeg

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
So tired of this question, so smart-ass response it is.
View attachment 893106

Hah! Good one! Those people drive me nuts too. Somebody else on here came up with another great line about "It's not my normal practice to negotiate against myself", and I've been using that one ever since. Time to combine them, methinks . . .

Of course, the real deal with these guys is that if you ever give them a number (we've all done it once), they always lowball on THAT number, so it's really just their sneaky way of getting the start price lowered.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So tired of this question, so smart-ass response it is.
View attachment 893106

I use a somewhat softer version of this response: "Hello, and thanks for your interest. I do sometimes reduce the price of items that don't sell the first time I list them. How much are you willing to pay?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads