• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to ship an item to Portugal (from eBay). It looks like USPS FC or International Priority stopped tracking to Portugal in 2014.

Are International Express or Global Express options with tracking? Global Express is crazy expensive so I really don't want to have to do that as an option...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need to ship an item to Portugal (from eBay). It looks like USPS FC or International Priority stopped tracking to Portugal in 2014.

Are International Express or Global Express options with tracking? Global Express is crazy expensive so I really don't want to have to do that as an option...

Looks like Portugal is back on the DELCON list. For a couple years there were several countries that had an * next to them, indicating services were temporarily put on hold. I noticed a few weeks back that the * and the note had been removed.
Tracking should be available for priority as well as First Class in DELCON countries.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reason #1, for Brazil anyway, is that it’s unlawful to ship secondhand goods into the country unless they are sent to a charity. Lucky they returned them at all. :hide:

Score +1 for not stating on the customs form that it’s a used item... I’ve now blocked Brazil entirely.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I’d call EBay and point out that the buyer is fishing for a refund. They haven’t claimed that they can smell smoke, only that something is making them sneeze, which could be anything. They’re just blaming you to try to get free return shipping.

Precisely. Technically, cigarette smoke is not an "allergen", although some people mistakenly claim so. However given that it's a hodgepodge of thousands of chemical compounds and particulates, most of which are toxic, it's hardly surprising that some people have sensitivity to it, or some component of it, and people with pre-existing allergies or asthma are often disproportionately affected.

Secondly, you're correct that there's no claim that it was actually "smoke". There appears to be a presumption that since this person is sensitive to smoke, that must have been what did it. Bull. One of the things about used clothing is that, unless it's been thoroughly cleaned, it may have any potential allergen on it: animal dander, plant pollens or any other particulate matter. When I used to thrift in New England, I used to break out in sneezing fits quite often, but that doesn't happen out here in the west, at least to me. If people are going to develop allergies, they often do so in childhood, and from exposure to what's around them, so it's quite common for people's allergies to settle down when they move to a different climate, where the pants in particular are different.

With a regular jacket, I'd just offer to send someone ten bucks to have it dry cleaned, but it's a different game with leather, where the cost of cleaning can exceed the jacket's value.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Portugal is back on the DELCON list. For a couple years there were several countries that had an * next to them, indicating services were temporarily put on hold. I noticed a few weeks back that the * and the note had been removed.
Tracking should be available for priority as well as First Class in DELCON countries.
Thanks for the response. Interesting I must have looked at an older page. USPS seems to have included Portugal again in Sept 2017 on the DELCON list.

It threw me off when I tried to print the label on eBay and there was a flag that read "Delivery Confirmation is not available for this shipping service, for the destination country that you've selected" and when I looked at the website ShippingEasy.com they still stated Portugal was "temporarily suspended."

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I have a linked Paypal account for buying on Ebay, and I literally just bought something yesterday. But a certain seller when I try to bid says that "Buyer does not have linked Paypal account" Any ideas?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Styleforum website keeps playing me an audible video about depression. I'm beginning to take it personally!

almosthandsome

Reaction score
What's that crotch flap called? I remember reading an article about it once but can't recall the name, or find anything googling.

262wp4n.jpg

10d5ope.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
semi off-topic but didn't see a related thread.... assuming some of youz guys also use Grailed as a selling platform, what would you say your sale "close" rate is? i.e.; Customer buys outright/offer accepted, then actually receiving payment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads