• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you all do when you get messages like the following? This was AFTER I responded to his open case and included a shipping address:

In before Brian says "Just call Ebay customer support". (Which is the right answer, by the way)

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problems, use the ship insure in international shipping just in case.

However shipping to Russia can officially kiss my ballsack. Blocked all Russians today. Hated to do it, but I have had far to many issues lately.

I have shipped hundreds of items to Australia without any problems. Priority Mail insured is how I usually do it.

With Russia I have been lucky. About 10 shipments over the last couple of years, no problems. Most of those have been SF deals, though. I am convinced that the scam/trouble factor on ebay is much greater.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In before Brian says "Just call Ebay customer support". (Which is the right answer, by the way)

I'm having trouble finding the link to a phone number. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I responded to the "buyer" telling him essentially to chillax, and that Ebay is not the only thing I do. And yes, I directly gave him my shipping address.

I feel like homeboy is trying to scam me into giving him a lower price (this was in a prior message -his first, in fact).

Should I report him?

green_machine

Reaction score
Do you guys have issues with GSP? I keep getting non payers or people complaining about fees.

I feel bad about the terrible fees they charge but its so much easier than regulating the shipping to all the different countries.

What do you guys use for international?

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank u all for the insight. Fwiw it's a pair of shoes, I doubt they'll e reach over 100$. I'll use insurance tho through eBay to cover me

Thanks as well. I had one bidder in Australia buy 5 items, will send out Priority Insured.

almosthandsome

Reaction score
I think plenty of you guys do the same, but everything I sell goes out with a small thank you card and a little handwritten message. The wife finds them at nearly every thrift we go to since we started looking for them, bundled with christmas cards or something and dirt cheap. An email I received just reinforced my commitment to the practice, and made my day a little:

green_machine

Reaction score
A while ago I was going to start printing a thank you note but found a handwritten note gets a much better response. Now I just grab some nice paper and cut them is small rectangles and hand write them.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys have issues with GSP? I keep getting non payers or people complaining about fees.

I feel bad about the terrible fees they charge but its so much easier than regulating the shipping to all the different countries.

I have no personal experience from actually using the GSP, but I have had several buyers tell me they shop with me because I do NOT use it.

I use USPS priority with Ship Insure for pretty much everything except Canada (DELCON)

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no issues, i hate dealing with international shipping and have had plenty of success with the GSP

chiron

Reaction score
I soaked a pair in cold water with woolite/ tide stain remover for 48hrs with excellent results. If you try it make sure you apply the detergent in the stain area only. Also, do not agitate the fabric too much.
I bought 2 pairs of pants dirt cheap that had minor pee stains on the interior of the crotch, hoping the dry cleaner could get them out. No luck. I plan on auctioning them at 99 cents with full disclosure and pics of the "area." The stains aren't that bad, but I figured someone will buy them for something. Has anyone tried this - what were the results? Am I better off just re-donating them?

"Are you the discerning gentleman that's got an eye for a deal? Well then, these Samuelsohn trousers with a lemonade stain in the groin are sure to be a bargain for you."

"Samuelsohn trousers - great condition, although the previous owner must have spilled some lemonade in his lap because there's some yellow staining on the inside of the crotch."

"You're probably asking yourself why these pants are so cheap. Is the crotch soiled? Sure. Is there another unidentifiable red stain that appears all throughout the legs that makes these pants basically unwearable? Maybe - what's it to ya?"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads