Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HansderHund, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Tweets

Tweets Senior member

Get the other A, the one that's like 12x9x3 roughly

2. kloss

kloss Senior member

I was conceding that their explanation for the suspicious bids may be possible. But their explanation is awfully convoluted, isn't it. It much more likely, and much simpler to explain the suspicious bids by saying that the seller was shilling.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Are you shill posting?

4. kloss

kloss Senior member

Yes DanM and I are one and the same. I made that post to support my own hypothesis.

5. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Yeah, I still never figured that one out. He seemed to be an experienced buyer too. Of course it was all RG shirts, so what do you expect.

6. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

I have a bidder with zero feedback. What is some of your guys normal actions with new accounts? He is top bidder, so not sure what my options are. I do see where some of you ask that low feedback guys contact you before bidding...what do you ask them?

7. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

a buyers gotta start somewhere

8. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

Yea, I get that...but since this is a relist with the previous buyer with similar feedback not paying, it's just got me a bit gun shy I guess.

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

You want box "A2" which is the flat long box. Link Below. Ebay will auto select the rate, BUT you need to make sure you have the correct ship from zip code! Even if you have the correct return address you have the option to change the ship from zip code and if that is different (dont ask how I know this[​IMG]) it will be the wrong price

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...Id=P_RRB_A2&categoryId=subcatMSS_RegionalRate

10. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

This is a great thread, I am feverishly taking notes except I forgot everything after reading the entire 200+ pages in a day...

Brian, I am hoping you can summarize your posts into one grand post if you could. For instance your recommendation for how to ship a single tie (i.e. wrap it in tissue paper, put it in a poly mailer (with or without bubble wrap???), stick it in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelopes). How to ship in the U.S.; is it cheaper to go through ebay or USPS.com... I think you should turn it into an ebook [​IMG]

I will pay for it with a nice Brooks Brothers tie I found at the Red, White & Blue in NJ [​IMG]

Single Tie:
    Multiple Ties:
    Shirt:
    Multiple shirts:
    Sports Coat:
    Suit: A2 box
    Shoes:

11. suited

suited Senior member

I bought 2 pairs of pants dirt cheap that had minor pee stains on the interior of the crotch, hoping the dry cleaner could get them out. No luck. I plan on auctioning them at 99 cents with full disclosure and pics of the "area." The stains aren't that bad, but I figured someone will buy them for something. Has anyone tried this - what were the results? Am I better off just re-donating them?

"Are you the discerning gentleman that's got an eye for a deal? Well then, these Samuelsohn trousers with a lemonade stain in the groin are sure to be a bargain for you."

"Samuelsohn trousers - great condition, although the previous owner must have spilled some lemonade in his lap because there's some yellow staining on the inside of the crotch."

"You're probably asking yourself why these pants are so cheap. Is the crotch soiled? Sure. Is there another unidentifiable red stain that appears all throughout the legs that makes these pants basically unwearable? Maybe - what's it to ya?"

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

:uhoh:

Yes.

13. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

14. tben

tben Senior member

This is correct. It is older burberry but not from the prorsum line.

15. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

thanks a lot. i hope i get my money back.