• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bert9000

Reaction score
You think that stuff (on grailed) is intentional? I've seen a few fakes, but get the feeling the sellers just came across one and didn't know. I've seen a few listings corrected in the comments section, lol.

They don't care. Grailed takes their cut either way and if there's a problem they just tell you to go to PayPal so they have no skin in the game. Definitely some of the worst support I've seen.

I still don't see how this one stays up on eBay month after month (143 sold?!?!?!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Loro-Pi...hash=item4d1ae1edaa:m:m2QLwSmw3WFEKmMRUfkkC4w

It might just be Loro Piana fabric with a misleading listing? Although there is that one review about how it isn't waterproof at all so even the fabric might be counterfeit.

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wrong thread.
IMG_6108.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Assistance request for readers of Japanese: what's the fabric composition of these Issey Miyake pants? Sorry for the lousy phone pix. I'll post better ones in the thrift thread, once I get 'em done.

IMG_6742.JPG

fullsizeoutput_154c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_154b.jpeg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
And definitely install f.lux on all your screens if you haven't already. Blue light at night is awful.

A HUGE shout out to @Reosymes for this tip. :worship: :cheers:

I've known about the issue with blue light at night for a very long time, but had no idea someone had done an app. I installed that software right after the original post, and it has proved to be a life changer. You don't realize how intense the regular screen light is until you temporary disable f.lux. Wow. Best utility I ever installed. Certainly the most impactful. Of course, after a certain time in the evening, its no longer possible to do color correction on eBay images, but that's a small price to pay!

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Made my first eBay sale last week! On a Ricci tie. Printed the label then noticed it had a different address than his actual eBay listed address. After voiding that label and creating a new one at the post office, buyer receives, then 5 days later request a return...reason "Just don't like it". Guessing this happens a lot to those who of you who do this for a living? Was kind of taken aback by his reasoning. Almost get the feeling that he was hoping it got lost in the mail, then upon getting it, wore it to a wedding this weekend and was hoping to send back a Van Heusen in exchange. /Rant

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't accept returns, it would be trivially easy to get ebay to close this return in your favor. As clear cut a case as you can have of Buyer's Remorse.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A HUGE shout out to @Reosymes for this tip. :worship: :cheers:

I've known about the issue with blue light at night for a very long time, but had no idea someone had done an app. I installed that software right after the original post, and it has proved to be a life changer. You don't realize how intense the regular screen light is until you temporary disable f.lux. Wow. Best utility I ever installed. Certainly the most impactful. Of course, after a certain time in the evening, its no longer possible to do color correction on eBay images, but that's a small price to pay!

Shout out x2

This has been a life-saver. I do color corrections in pixelmator so I set f.lux to disable when I'm using that program. I try to do that earlier in the evening and then other eBay stuff later so i can keep f.lux activated.

But again, thanks to @Reosymes

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shout out x2

This has been a life-saver. I do color corrections in pixelmator so I set f.lux to disable when I'm using that program. I try to do that earlier in the evening and then other eBay stuff later so i can keep f.lux activated.

But again, thanks to @Reosymes

FWIW, light changes are only an issue if you do color corrections in different environments. One thing I learned back when I worked in a professional photo lab (early 2000s) is to do all of you critical color corrections in a controlled environment. Calibrate your monitor with hardware (I use a Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro) and do your editing with no direct light falling on your display.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, light changes are only an issue if you do color corrections in different environments. One thing I learned back when I worked in a professional photo lab (early 2000s) is to do all of you critical color corrections in a controlled environment. Calibrate your monitor with hardware (I use a Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro) and do your editing with no direct light falling on your display.

I guess I shouldn't have said color corrections. I do a color replace for the background on main gallery images that are darker than I'd like and then try to get it white without looking blown out and unnatural.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shipped out a package this afternoon that represents a $127 profit on a $5 purchase. I do love this business from time to time. I'd love to have about ten sales like that every day!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads