• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dwlbu

Reaction score
IMG_5402.JPG
Is this any particular type of Oxford? Pinpoint? Looking for a descriptor if there is one.
Shirt is a recent Brioni.

chpartisan

Reaction score
I think Arnold Brant was sold off and is no longer Canadian. If I'm not mistaken the remaining manufacturers in Canada are Coppley, Jack Victor, Peerless (largest I think, department store brands) and Samuelsohn.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best way to say a suit jacket needs cleaning on your ebay auction? Realized this J Crew Ludlow is a bit dirtier now that I got it home and in good lighting. Back sweat stains on the inside polyester and a mark on the sleeve, looks like it just hasn't been properly laundered.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You think that stuff (on grailed) is intentional? I've seen a few fakes, but get the feeling the sellers just came across one and didn't know. I've seen a few listings corrected in the comments section, lol.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Best way to say a suit jacket needs cleaning on your ebay auction? Realized this J Crew Ludlow is a bit dirtier now that I got it home and in good lighting. Back sweat stains on the inside polyester and a mark on the sleeve, looks like it just hasn't been properly laundered.

That would be a warning sign for me: "if in doubt, I send it out" (to the dry cleaner).

Two things: first of all, I'm always cagey about selling something that may have been previously laundered, but whose stains didn't come out. This is usually because of a failure to pre-spot/treat, general incompetence (endemic amongst dry cleaners), or use of the wrong solvents for the type of stain. The risk is always that the stains have now been "baked in", and will not respond to further treatment. So I always make it my responsibility to ensure that wherever possible, overt stains have been removed. In my case, that means diligent pretreatment, then a trip to the dry cleaner. Just the cost of doing business.

Of course, you have to find a good dry cleaner. In many towns, stores with dry-cleaner signs are simply aggregation points for a big industrial dry cleaner somewhere in a distant industrial area. These places universally suck, as they're just trying to bang everything through as fast as they can. Best to find a dry cleaner where everything is done on site, and where you can spend a little time with the owner or employee who is actually going to address your particular garment. Much better results that way.

Second, I don't worry too much about stains that aren't visible when worn, and simply disclaim them in the listing. "There is some slight staining on the inner lining, not visible when worn". But with outer stains, I can't tolerate any, as it's just asking for trouble, and return requests, whether or not you accept them.

Bottom line: if it's grubby, I ALWAYS get it freshened up before sale, and I make that part of my kop/don't kop evaluation process.

EDIT: oh, and one more thing. you will be able to get out 90% of stains at home, many just with a combination of a fingernail scrape and lint roller; some with plain water; others with a Tide or Oxyclean stick; still others with an array of arcane and often risky solvents (Lestoil, for example, which is the bomb for neck sweat on shirt-collar edges). YMMV.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads