• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CloudLi

Reaction score
upload_2017-5-15_18-50-43.png

Anyone recognize this Cantarelli label? Is this a mainline suit that is fully canvased?
Original link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Cantarelli-A...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

JFST

Reaction score

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

It is! I actually tried to respond to your question multiple times on the app after writing two messages, but it kept throwing up an error every time I tried to send it.

As soon as I can get to a desktop, I'll try again, but it is half-canvassed.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a weird question: You know how some ties come with a tiny straight-pin that holds the folds together on the lining side? They can be useful with 7-folds to keep them from splaying open. Does anyone know EXACTLY what these are called, and better, where to get them? When I go on a sewing supply website, the variety of straightpins is usually overwhelming, without a good way to search for such a specialized use. Anyone?

rhyme

Reaction score
Got my first negative from a first time buyer. Accepted his lowball offer by mistake but I still honored the sale. Horrible mistake.

Spoke to 5 different reps so far. They all agree that I did nothing wrong but feedback is an opinion and can't be removed as per ebay guideline.
Screenshot_20170516-185151.jpg

20170516_185013.png

Case was opened for item not received and closed in 10 mins by him. Any ideas on getting this removed?

leisurewear

Reaction score
question regarding recognizing expenses. wife's taking a business trip to the midwest in a couple weeks. i was thinking of taking a couple days to go up there with her considering the hotel will be paid for and she'll have a meal allowance and i would have a couple days fully dedicated to thrifting. is there anything wrong with recognizing the cost of the flight as a business expense? i'd basically be thrifting the entire time she's working and that would be the main point of the trip.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question regarding recognizing expenses. wife's taking a business trip to the midwest in a couple weeks. i was thinking of taking a couple days to go up there with her considering the hotel will be paid for and she'll have a meal allowance and i would have a couple days fully dedicated to thrifting. is there anything wrong with recognizing the cost of the flight as a business expense? i'd basically be thrifting the entire time she's working and that would be the main point of the trip.

Seems legit to me. You should also be able to write off any additional costs with regards to traveling around while you're there (rental cost, gas money, etc.).

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, after 14 years on eBay it's finally happened...my first ever SNAD/INAD case against me. Item was a BNWT overcoat.

Buyer:
  • Joined on date of sale
  • Located in a different country to me
  • 0 feedback
  • Different payment name on Paypal to delivery name
  • Claims item was not BNWT and "covered in stains"
  • Claims I never responded to messages when every message was responded to promptly
  • Opened SNAD/INAD case immediately upon receipt of item without communicating with me
  • Slightly different delivery address spelling to actual correct delivery address supplied by google maps
  • Claims package was damaged in transit, although signed for package on delivery of goods
  • Hasn't (so far) supplied anything to support these claims
I've spoken with eBay at length about my concerns and their response was effectively "call back in a few days".

Buyer wants a full refund but this is a 100% scam. I don't want to give back the money as I'm incredibly sure I'll be out of both that and my product.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a buyer is taking their sweet time to pay for something, can I decide to re-list it while I wait? Or do I have to cancel? Basically I don't want the item to be off the market while a buyer waits around until their payment deadline passes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics